DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Air Suspension Discontinued

7K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  Bhbdvm 
#1 ·
So I was just having chit chat with the sales manager where i bought my truck from.... He just received an email from chrysler stating the Air Suspension has been put on Discontinued status....

#3 ·
Just placed a call to my dealer they have heard nothing about this and just received 60 trucks with the air ride suspension, He is going to look into and find out for sure and get back with me later today.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#7 ·
could be an Canadian issue not sure didn't get into it...
Funny you mention that - I heard this same thing from a local dealer, that I would be unable to order any trim with the air suspension, in the near future ... this was back in early December.

#6 ·
If this is the case ... at this rate, I'll be ordering a crew cab 6'4 box as a 2014 (When will they start taking orders for 2014s? When would delivery be?) ... it really just makes it so much easier to buy the F150.

#11 ·
So i'm due to sign my Bill of Sale in about 3 hours. What the hell is the reason for the Air Suspension discontinued? Should i kill the deal before i sign it? I'd like ot hear comments on this guys!

#12 ·
I was just in my dealer today and they have not heard of that as of yet,....They said that they will be contacting head office.,...They were extremely surprised and asked where I got that info from... I told them about the Forum so they advised they would send me an email confirming this,......

#13 ·
Keep us posted. I'm due to put money down this afternoon on my order with air suspension! The air ride is one of the main reasons I'm ordering my first Ram! Geez.

#14 ·
I just "talked" to a dealer in Arizona that we know on our R/T owner's page on FB and he said the option has been discontinued on entry level trucks. Going forward, Laramie and up.

Completely my opinion as why... We all know how 1st generation stuff is. I imagine that they either see a future problem with longevity or someone messed up on the math in the first place. Either way, entry level "profit" won't compliment warranty costs as a whole down the road.

#17 ·
So much goes on in this forum it's hard to get the truth. I have a Laramie with VIN # but is being held for parts,that could be the reason .I see a lot of comments with our group talking to dealers or sales rep's however I know many times sales rep's tell you somethings that are not true because they want you to buy inventory units not order.There's and old saying in the business"you can eat be backs" :doh:

#19 ·
I already own a truck so they weren't trying to sell me anything i don't know why the sales manager would right a fake email and show it to me... There were other items on the list as well, something to do with the wheel to wheel running boards and other little things.

#18 ·
I ordered my truck yesterday with air ride. I have yet to hear anything about this from my dealer. IMO getting the coils and then adding TLC is not the same. TLC doesn't allow the truck to be lowered 2 inches when parked. My mom is old and can't get around very well. Sometimes I have to take her places and with the truck I have now, I carry a small step for her to get in and out. The air ride was going to make it easier on her. The side steps aren't a large enough platform for her. It also would make it easier to load my dirtbike and quad. Plus it is cool!

#23 ·
I think the thread title is misleading because there is a 0.00% chance that the air suspension is being discontinued halfway into the first model year. If something like that were to happen it would not be a surprise to anyone because the whole thing would be a huge debacle.

Now I could see that maybe the take rate is a lot higher than anticipated and their supplier can't keep up so they're rationing them out to the high end trucks or maybe putting temporary holds on ordering.

#25 ·
I concur. Sales Mgr here in Arkansas says he has heard nothing about the air suspension being discontinued, and he's heard nothing about any problems associated with the product. He did say they could be having problems keeping the product line in stock and that my order (Laramie Longhorn) could be held up waiting on parts once Chrysler "grabs" from his pending sold orders next week. Same for CD player-I think parts are slow on those, and it might hold the order up.

Maybe the discontinue part simply means-can't continue with present orders, because we "continue" to need more parts!

#26 ·
Just got a phone call and was told that the air ride has not been discontinued. They have put in several calls and I was informed that the dealers would be given a heads up because they are always in the market to push the new technology. I was told that it would make everyone look bad and people would lose faith if that was the case.. However with that being said, I was told that if this changed that I would get a call asap.....Not unless someone else has any other info it looks like from a dealers perspective that everything is still a go......

If anyone else has further info, please keep us updated.....

#28 ·
I just heard back from my dealers service manager (was nice enough to check on his day off) that currently there is nothing like this in the talks for the US customers, said he was not sure of Canada.

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

#32 ·
Delete would be the better option or at a min, lock and change the title.

#33 ·
Its a game dealers play to sell what they have on the lot. Back in early Dec The dealer I went to (which I was there back in Nov for 1st test drive) ended up saying they won't be making the 8-speed hemi combo. I told him I beg to differ and even went as far as giving what the order code was. He went back to his GM to get confirmation. Came back said GM talked with Chrysler and said it wasn't happening. I told him nice try and you lost a customer. This was after he knew I was waiting for that combo and just wanted to sell me the truck I just test drove with the air suspension.

I later found out my buddies friend works at Chrysler Canada's head office. He now is giving me his 1 a year Employee pricing plus keeping me update with incentives and availabilities as I'm waiting for my last option/package the 6'4 crew. After telling him the move the dealer put on me he said he would make sure a strike goes against that dealership.

So again I havn't heard of any air suspension getting discontiued from him just that it's been put a restriction avalability and only available to the higher trims for now. He did say the reason was due to part availability shortage from the high demand for air suspension. He also said they expext this restriction to last till atleast April. They expect that by that time parts should be stock piled as most orders with air also are with the 8-speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.