DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Air Suspension Discontinued

7K views 48 replies 24 participants last post by  Bhbdvm 
#1 ·
So I was just having chit chat with the sales manager where i bought my truck from.... He just received an email from chrysler stating the Air Suspension has been put on Discontinued status....

#34 ·
Just a repost, since it looks like it may have been lost on page 1 or 2. Not discontinued, but limited to certain models. That is what I heard from my dealer, which is the lead-in with every other post. We'll all eventually find out one way or the other past this post. Apparently I'm the only one that when they asked, the dealer knew exactly what I was talking about. I could give a shit less, I was just trying to answer a question like everyone else and I think it is silly that someone suggested that we just delete the topic because of what his "guy" said. Let me go in and suggest a delete on about 2,500 topics on this site.

#35 ·
My local dealer also lost a sale from making up crap to try and convince me to place my order right at that moment when I didn't need convincing. They were just flat out lying to me on my questions about a late availability item and when I could expect my order to come in(according to the salesman I would have it before the Hemi/8spd was even scheduled to begin manufacture). What's bad is that he knew that I knew that he was full of it. I went to the dealer with the intention of placing my order and it was their reflexive lying and pressure that stopped the process. It was just really unnecessary. It was their sale to lose and they lost it. I ended up ordering from another dealer in a quick and easy deal.

#42 ·
My take is that Chrysler offered air suspension on their upper end models first - Laramie and Sport. Then after a few weeks they stopped offering on the Sport but added it to the Outdoorsman ( I ordered one). I would imagine this is all due to limited quantities of parts at this time and also to look at requests from dealers for this option. Nothing has been "discontinued".

#45 ·
I'm looking to change my 2009 sport for a 2013, went to the dealer last week here in quebec pronvince, canada, and they have receive a brand new sport crew cab with the air suspension just the week before, so i'm guessing it's still available,.

however i forgot to check if it had the 8speed or the old one,..

#48 ·
I just ordered a Big Horn on Jan. 30. Was told by the dealer that the air suspension couldn't be added to the truck because it was on back order.

Which was fine for me because I was unsure whether I wanted it or not.

#49 ·
I guess I got lucky when I ordered my Outdoorsman. Initially the air suspension was not available when I first tried to order on the 18th of January. I was considering the Sport or Laramie but was having trouble reconciling the price difference. Then we looked again and the Sport did not have the option but then the Outdoorsman did. We ordered the Outdoorsman with air suspension and 8 speed transmission/Hemi on 1/26/2013. The order confirmation went through as a sold vehicle of priority 1. I have not received a VIN as of yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.