DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My 2012 I must say was better electronicly than my 13

4K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  chonpipi 
#1 · (Edited)
Issues so far.......

Driver door lock pads don't work, only way i can unlock the doors is with my key fob.
When i get into the truck and close the door the horn sounds 3 times
When i unlock the door i have only 5 secs then the door lock right away
proximity sensor doesn't always work
Relays and switches are always clicking
8.4 inch screen overheats and shuts down and restarts over and over again
8.4 inch screen for no reason will do a system reboot
USB for stereo doesn't work anymore
sunroof needed new seals they leak
headlights have a condensation problem, chrysler will not fix they say this is normall for the 2013... have fun with that
Will say i won't be buying another ram after this... i have owned how 4 this is my 5th but they have gone to shit. :doh:

O i don't not suggest adding a performance shit to a 2013 ram may mess your system right up, i don't believe there was enouph effort put into the ram electronicly this time.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Worried now!!

I was about to email my dealer friend this afternoon to order my 13 Crew 4X4 Sport 8 spd how I want it optioned and get the ball rolling.....this thread just nipped that in the bud....what do you guys think about this?....that is a lot of problems (some of which others have already reported)....is this worrying anyone else? anyone changing their minds about the RAM?

#33 ·
I was about to email my dealer friend this afternoon to order my 13 Crew 4X4 Sport 8 spd how I want it optioned and get the ball rolling.....this thread just nipped that in the bud....what do you guys think about this?....that is a lot of problems (some of which others have already reported)....is this worrying anyone else? anyone changing their minds about the RAM?
I too am ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 fairly heavily loaded...and am too wondering now.....???

#4 ·
That sucks, man! How long have you had it? I would be asking for a new truck! Hopefully (for others) this is an isolated problem. Sorry to hear it.

#5 ·
Wow, I just looked at most of your posts and most of them your bitching about your ram truck. One of them was a thread you asked F150 or ram, At this point, I would suggest the following, go to ford and trade up your ram for an F150 cause either your the most unlucky ram owner, or Rams just don't like you. There is no lemon law in canada so think its time you moved on to another make and model. JMO from reading your posts

#6 · (Edited)
The 2013s have had some electronic issues, but i agree with Asur, if you're unhappy trade up. I am confused on how a Ram can have that many different problems.

You need to remember your Ram is a piece of Machinery.. It is not perfect. It is put together in a factory. Everything that is put together in a factory has flaws. Ferrari, Bentley, Lamborghini, Mercedes, all of these "Higher quality" vehicles still have a few every year that have problems. We have not had a single 13 come back yet for a repair and have had zero complaints. Could you have gotten a bad one? yes... I am sorry that happened, but it is a piece of machinery, like the iphone etc. My suggestion is to take it to the dealer you bought it from and see what they can do to help. My buddy just bought a top of the line 13 King Ranch F150 Ecoboost and the motor overheated and destroyed it..... Had 3,200 miles. Its a machine. Doesnt matter what you buy

#7 ·
No issues like you're having and I traded a 2012 Longhorn for my 2013 Sport...I love the electronics in these things and I went and checked my headlights, no condensation...so far.

You've got a gremlin in the electronics they need to track down.

#8 ·
Actually no issues at all except for me being unable to find some of the features :)

I think I'll need to adjust my sunroof a little more flush but it's not leaking, just an appearance issue to me.

#10 ·
take it to the dealer. and make them make it right. I only have one minor issue, the LED interior lights wont always come on. But i'll take it in when I have time.

#11 ·
i have read a few posts saying that they have moisture in the headlights on the 2013s
there is ONLY one way that that can happen, water & a badly sealed headlight
otherwise moisture can not possibly get in there

#12 ·
I have owned my ram for a little over a month has 3600km on it.. the condensation problem is in a few headlights at the dealership down the road mainly when weather is lower than -10. LED do not produce enough heat to clear it out. This happens mainly after washing the truck when it is cold outside. I called chrysler last week on the issue. They talked to the engeneer and i guess this is commen as they are an open consept headlight. The condensation does go away " Adventually " grrr but the other issues are pissing me off more. However i went to the dealership i purchased it from yesterday and told them how i felt, the gm is in on Monday and they said they will get back to me then to see what we can work out on a minimal loss on trading it in. So will see what happens. grrrr

#16 ·
sucks for the next guy that they sell the truck to -- if they can make a deal to buy you out of it .

I just had a truck bought back -- they could not put the warranty money back into the new deal I have to wait 8 weeks for a check to come in the mail and do what I want with it.

I was like you , the truck had so many problems , 1 after another but the dealership was trying to fix them all .

finally the general manager said " lets get you out of that truck , it is jinxed " .

I figured they would send the truck to the auction and let some other dealership mess with it but , NOPE , they sold it within a week . And come to find out , they sold it to the neighbor of a guy I work with .

I love the truck I have now , so hopefully no issues with this one , but it cost me alot more money .

#17 ·
I am curious to know what day of the week s1000rrhp's Ram was built on

Look at the window sticker that was on the Ram
at the bottom, there is a bar code
above it there will be the VIN #, a 4 number VON# , then 4 numbers by themselves, those last four numbers are the month & day that it was built

#18 ·
well, went to dealership today... still now answer should know tom. however 1 part fixed like 5 switch issues i was having. The Door lock switch was faulty in my driver door was causing the electronics to go nuts. They put another assembly in for now till i can get a new one that has the fold in miror button. parts are limited right now so that could take a while. They replaced the heat sensor, that fixed few more issues. and i have a new radio on order. will show up in JUNE grrrrrrrrr... still working on a possible trade. will see have that works out poss. tom.

#22 ·
I have a one month old Ram sport 2013 everything was fine until today! 46 degrees and raining here and temp sensor says 28 degrees, so the heated seats came on automatically every time I started the truck (I know I can turn this function off, but it should work properly, and I'm sure the vented seats will give me problems come summer) condensation on the head lights at the amber portion only to have the dealer tell my its normal? sorry water in a sealed headlight is not normal! the 8.4A radio looked like something from the movie poltergeist, kept flashing blue, then back and forth to rear camera then stayed on rear camera at 50 mph? while stopped at a stop light I felt a jolt, I thought some one bumped be from behind... nope. the trans seems to buck 3-5 seconds after a complete stop. all in one day... the day I made my first payment. so now I have to take off from work, get it to dealer and demand a loner! Otherwise you all will be reading about the crazed former Ram owner who drove his truck through the dealership window after being sold a lemon. How did this truck win truck of the year?

#30 ·
Captain obvious here - but just making sure - you know the door lock button on the door will not work with the key in the ignition correct? Actually this is a feature I like. Also, the key fob will not bump the door lock solenoids again if the doors are already locked. Some of the electronics integration is actually well thought out.

#25 ·
It's now 33 degrees out and I turned my truck on to the run position without starting it. It accurately reads the temperature. It appears that the inaccurate reading occurs when the truck is running? Off to the dealership, I left a nice message on the voicemail of the dealership owner who is always there greeting people. This is the 9th vehicle I have purchased from this dealer since 1996, I think he should listen to me or there will be no 10th.

#26 ·
I understand the frustration, but I would not get rid of my truck just because of a ambient temp sensor not working right. Nor would I not buy another one because of it. Other bigger issues sure but not a ambient temp sensor. Because all makes have issues that the company can't quite fix right. Nothing in the world is perfect. Would I just not say something , no I would and I would work my best to get it fixed.

#28 ·
I would not get rid of the truck because of sensor problems , but it seems more problems are creeping up as I drive along. The new 8.4a radio has some issues that should have been resolved prior to production. Especially since it is the command center for a great many functions. It's a $500 upgrade that should work on a newly purchased vehicle. Being 8 degrees off on the temperature is significant when many functions are based on ambient temp. (heated seats, heated steering wheel, vented seats) I know machines are not perfect but these components are not new technology. I wonder who makes the sensors for Chrysler? I also question the placement of the sensor INSIDE the drivers side view mirror, a place that has heat generated by lights and heating elements for the defrost function of the mirror, which then makes it vulnerable to wind chill.

#29 ·
Again this morning after sitting out all night the temperature read correctly when vehicle placed in "run" position without starting, after starting and warming up heated mirrors, still correct readings. After a 30-40 mph drive the temp dropped the 8 degrees. Only variable at this point is wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.