DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Issue #2 LCD screen shuts down

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  brad12kx 
#1 ·
Well went on fist long trip... Weather is -27 so heater on.. But after about 2hrs of driving the 8.4 nav/LCD screen comes up with warning ( display is hot and is shutting down) shuts down turns back on in a few seconds then keeps resetting. Unable to get out of this loop. Turning off the display doesn't help because it still stays on in the background. Any ideas

#2 ·
I know in my '12 the 730N i have gets pretty warm to the touch. These newer bigger screens probly give off more heat, maybe no good enough circulation, and with it being cold, you'll be blasting the heat and maybe there is heat getting blown onto the unit in the back somewhere??? Take it to the dealer, have them see what they can find, hopefully you get this problem resolved.

#4 ·
Heat is the enemy of electronics

Running the heater at maxiumum as you must be doing (-27 EEWW) is probably warming up the dash and nav screen causing the nav screen unit to save itself from heat damage

The -27 might be past the units design and performance tolerance.

See what happens when you're not at -27 (YUK).

Happy holiday from California 61 degrees :smiley_thumbs_up:

#5 ·
Is your heater control set to 'auto' or do you have it manually selected to something like full defrost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.