DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My only Issue with 2013 Ram

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Otterdriver 
#1 ·
Well I enjoy my 2013 overall a lot more than my 2012... One complaint though... My headlights always have condensation in them.... Grrrrrr

Does anyone else have this issue???

I went to the dealer today and they were about to order new ones till they called chrysler.. hmmmm... Apperently this is normall

seems stupid that i have a 1/3 of my headlight by the LED with condensation in them all the time.

#3 ·
Uh... not normal! I have a set of 2013 headlights on my truck and I don't have an issue with condensation! I would be checking the electrical connector..that is the only place that moisture seems like it could get in. That or the four bolts that make the seal on the back are not tight enough.

#8 ·
Does not matter. Brand new truck with brand new headlights.

No headlight should leak much less a brand new one. Unacceptable.

I would get a new set and the argument for that would be you now have had water on the LED's and electrical connections. That means the life of the LED might have possibly been shortened.

This is what I would do if I just spend some big money on a brand new truck.

#9 · (Edited)
I am sure that the engineers spent thousands of dollars & just said screw it, so what if the lights are not sealed properly, lets just let the lights gather moisture, none of the other owners will notice, other people won't rush to buy a vehicle like a Ford or Chevy, because we didn't get it right.

What they told you is total BS, raise hell, call Ram too

http://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/ramtrucks/index.jsp

if they won't do something, park it in front of the dealership on the Public Street, put a sign in the bed that reads

WOULD YOU CALL MY HEADLIGHT MOISTURE ACCEPTABLE ??

you can't put the dealerships name on the sign, but you can leave the license plate frame with the dealerships name on it

#10 ·
The first day I got my 2012 I noticed condensation in one of my headlights, it was that night. It went away and hasn't done it since (6 months). I think the proper test the dealers do ( I read on here) is to leave lights on for 15 min and if condensation still persists warranty will cover it.

#11 ·
well I took a drive to the dealership today and noticed about a 1/4 of the trucks have the same condensation.... Mine does come and go, its not their now, but when it gets below -5 it will appear again. warrenty is good for long time yet i will wait till 20000k then get new headlights :)

#13 ·
We may not have winters like our northern friends but I have yet to see a brand new truck that has condensation build up on the inside of the headlights regardless of how cold it gets. I doubt the quad headlights have had this issue so why should the new projector style?

#14 ·
You said in your opening post that you enjoy your ".... 2013 overall a lot more than my 2012."

Can you elaborate specifically.....

Not trying to thread-jack, merely curious.

#15 ·
You said in your opening post that you enjoy your ".... 2013 overall a lot more than my 2012."

Can you elaborate specifically.....

Not trying to thread-jack, merely curious.

Seats more comfortable, steering and handling better, stereo better, electronics better, power delivery is nicer, doesn't wine :)... its worth the upgrade. Just don't like the headlights so far :smiledown: dang condensation. but i am sure it will get fixed one day

#19 ·
my Ram is a 2009
until my vacation in July & August of 2012, i never had any issue with my lights
now my drivers side headlight has condensation in it, it is dimmer due to the condensation, therefore a possible safety issue
I don't know if something like a rock hit it, breaking the seal or cracking it
My headlights are always on while driving & the moisture is always there, by the way, i live in San Diego & the hot summer heat didn't evaporate the moisture.

I am glad that i have the MAXIMUM CARE LIFETIME WARRANTY, the most i will have to pay is $100 deductible, so i will wait until i need at least one more thing to goes bad, it will still be $100 per visit

#20 ·
I have the Quad lights on mine and I did notice some condensation the other day but not now will keep an eye on it. Millage is my only issue I mostly tow and so far only around 11mpg. I can live with that, hopefully it will get better when it gets broke in. I only have 1300 miles on it.

#23 ·
My 13 sport had condensation in the headlights for maybe the first two weeks ive had it but hasn't happened since! I personally hate the projectors, I wish they had of come with hid, and i think the kind of look like they came from ebay! I'd like to swap them with some quad's but not sure how involved this will be! I'm pretty sure the plug is different!

#29 ·
Post up a set of photos

Smeej - if possible, can you post up some pix. Get a few of the engine side headlight area, and a shot or two, close up of the condensation.

The condensation is occuring becuase the headlight system isn't completely sealed or there is a cold temperature limit for the headlights materials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.