DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My only Issue with 2013 Ram

6K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  Otterdriver 
#1 ·
Well I enjoy my 2013 overall a lot more than my 2012... One complaint though... My headlights always have condensation in them.... Grrrrrr

Does anyone else have this issue???

I went to the dealer today and they were about to order new ones till they called chrysler.. hmmmm... Apperently this is normall

seems stupid that i have a 1/3 of my headlight by the LED with condensation in them all the time.

#31 ·
well called chrysler direct on the condensation issue,,, appears this is normal... the new headlights are a open concept, the halogens are seperate of the signals,,, the halogens are sealed and the signals/running lights are not. the LED's do not produce heat so the condensation may stay in the lights longer. When above 0 degrees i don't have condensation but if i wash the truck or something when it is cold it stays for quite sometime

#33 ·
So if they are open concept and chrysler is being retards on this issue, I would have into a garage, blow a bunch of heat at it to totally dry it out and then dab the tiny holes with silicone. :doh:, that is if there are the tiny holes in the lense that someone mentioned earlier.

#32 ·
I find it hard to believe that the Chrysler engineers designed a "sealed" headlight that allows condensation to enter and remain inside the housing and call it normal? Moisture and electricity don't mix? My headlights have been collecting moisture since I purchased it 2 months ago. The lower 1/3 of the lens is constantly obscured by condensation. If you are going to make LED headlights (which do not generate much heat to "burn off" condensation) then seal it better? If this is "normal" as we have been told, then why no condensation on the rear LED tail lights on my Sport model?
I say bad design or oversight, not considering the LED's don't generate much heat to cook off condensation. Perhaps design a vent tube from the radiant heat from engine to the inside of the sealed lens? Condensation will be "cooked off" and will assist in snow/Frost melt in winter. I think I will spend the next weekend in the workshop and redesign the lens and get a patent? ...hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.