DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Grrr Issue #3 Diff or Tranny Slip

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  s1000rrhp 
#1 ·
Well another issue i am having.... If you are driving say 110/120 km/hrs then step on the gas once i hit say between 135-155 can figure out if the Tranny is slipping or the rear diff is slipping. I can't see it being the limited slip diff at that speed. Think i may have yet another issue :4-dontknow:

#2 ·
Your diff can't slip. If it did, you would certainly have difficulty getting to 1.35 let alone 135, so you can rule that out completely.

If the transmission was slipping, your dash would light up like a Christmas tree warning you of a problem. The PCM senses the internal transmission shaft speeds and totally freaks out if the shaft speeds are not correct like what would happen if the trans was slipping. I think you are experiencing something else....:4-dontknow: What exactly are you feeling/hearing/seeing?

#4 ·
ROTFL! Good one Sir!

Do you know how many occurrences would be necessary to tickle the bellies of the MIL/CEL lighting elves in the PCM? I get the feeling the OP might be like me and is experiencing the enjoyment of hearing the Hemi make power. :D

#7 ·
I know the diff is not the culprit here (I'm still laughing over RamTech's reference to 'limited slip') , but I am wondering if a trip to your dealer might be in order. Their scanners read a lot more info then the stuff available to us consumer types, so they 'may' have a deep code in there somewhere that could point to unexpected data such as the trans shaft speeds not agreeing with the selected trans gear which would point in the direction of slippage beyond design parameters.

The other thing I might ask is being that it is a 2013, how many miles are on it? In my experience the first 3000 miles are training miles for the vehicle. It will do a lot of strange things while it's learning how to be a truck. The engine needs to learn how to run properly and the transmission needs to learn how and when to shift. The truck I drive right now is very different from when it was brand new......Very Different! :158:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.