DODGE RAM FORUM banner

RBZ/RHB mygig radio software update 50.00.07

72K views 169 replies 82 participants last post by  Ramzaq 
#1 ·
#91 ·
To burn a disc image from an ISO in Windows:

First, navigate to the ISO or IMG image file you want to burn, right click on it and select Burn disc image.

The Windows Disc Image Burner application will now open. You can choose which disk burner to use, if you have more than one, in the Disc burner drop-down list. To double check that the burning process was successful, you can select the option "Verify disc after burning". Insert a disc in your DVD or CD burner, wait for a few seconds and click on Burn.

#103 ·
Update bricked my radio

So I took the car into dealer this morning and unfortunately my attempts as updating the radio bricked it. Dealer ordered new radio to arrive in 1-2 days. Fortunately when I bought it a year ago (used) I bought the extended warranty so my little misadventure will only cost me $100...

#104 ·
sox's login info isn't working anymore...? :4-dontknow:

#106 ·
DISREGARD my previous post, I'm in now...I manually typed the login/password and it worked, cutting and pasting didn't..."cut" it...

#109 ·
Thanks for a great thread!!! Got the update done on my RAM and the wife's Durango without issue!!

#111 ·
Had my truck at the dealer this morning for an unrelated issue. While I was there I played dumb and asked if there was some way to go back to the black screen on my radio that I had before the update disk they sent me. While the service advisor fumbled for an answer, some guy in the back turned around and said "no, you can't go backwards with the software" and turned right back around to what he was doing. He either didn't know about the most recent update or just didn't care to try to satisfy a customers request. So when I got home I downloaded the file, burnt it to a cd, and inserted it into my radio. The installation went off without a hitch. Total time from downloading from Sox's site to having the black screen back was only about 30 min. Thanks Sox for the file and thanks to everyone on here for posting their experiences doing this.

#113 ·
So, I looked up my info on the radio and saw that it was 09.03.02 or something like that... am I pretty much stuck here? I would like to update my radio to the new features but I keep seeing people having issues with the update to 50 from 24 and below

#114 · (Edited)
ok, I'm confused, which file am I supposed to download ? there's lots to choose from on Sox's site, I downloaded the file on the first page "MYGIG SOFTWARE UPDATE 2007-2013 " and I'm already at 1.5 gigs how big is this file supposed to be ? I can't find any files that list the "50" update

#121 ·
What are the 3 letters down in the right corner by the Aux port
RES, REN, RBZ, RHB, RER, or RHR

the 2009 & newer Ram truck radios use a HIGH SPEED CAN BUS, not the low speed radio that most other Chrysler radios use, even if they have the same letters down in the corner

there are 2 different RES radios
RES 130s radio has the Phone Hard Key & the cheaper one RES 130 does Not have it

IF i recall correctly ....
Many of the MYGIG software/firmware versions are radio model specific
ie: like the software for the RBZ will not work in the RER radio, but the REN software/firmware works in the RER

MYGIG radios explained
http://oemautopartsco.com/blogs/news/7991105-mygig-radios-explained

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/mygig/

the MYGIG radios
http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/quality/rer/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.