DODGE RAM FORUM banner

"Nice Truck" ~ Share Your Stories

2K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  PaulMys 
#1 ·
My truck is dirty from an 8 hour drive with a bed full of gear as I pull through the center of the new town I am moving into. Idling at a red light with the windows down I hear a woman scream "nice truck" at the top of her lungs. I smile and give a little kick to the throttle when the light turns green. I pull into a gas station on my way to pick up the keys from the realtor. Heads turn, and a father and his 4 year old son walk towards me. They both stop and say "nice truck," and the father and I stand and talk for a bit in the parking lot before we part ways. I'm in my new town for 10 minutes and already "Holley" has her own fan club.

In the 1 year and 2 months that I have owned my black 2012 Ram 1500 Sport (Quad Cab) I have more moments like these than I can even count. I have been stopped at drive-thrus, gas stations, and all kinds of other places where car guys lurk. I tip my hat to the engineers at Chrysler for building such an attention grabbing looker.

I KNOW I'm not the only one, so let's hear some of your "nice truck" stories.

#2 ·
I don't really get a lot of "nice truck" from people as much as I do head turns and stares, even with owning a Power Wagon. I don't think people really know what it is. My neighbor thought I painted and lifted my 2010 1500 Big Horn, haha.
I always get a stare and head turn from guys going by in their lifted Cummins.
Actually, I don't know if this is cool or not. I work for a school district and help with the band quite a bit (yea, I was a band geek). They just had band camp and I was opening the field for their parent preview and like 8 of the kids said they loved my truck and were going to beat me up and steal the keys... hahaha.

#18 ·
I don't really get a lot of "nice truck" from people as much as I do head turns and stares, even with owning a Power Wagon. I don't think people really know what it is. My neighbor thought I painted and lifted my 2010 1500 Big Horn, haha.
I always get a stare and head turn from guys going by in their lifted Cummins.
Actually, I don't know if this is cool or not. I work for a school district and help with the band quite a bit (yea, I was a band geek). They just had band camp and I was opening the field for their parent preview and like 8 of the kids said they loved my truck and were going to beat me up and steal the keys... hahaha.
The story would have been much better if it started off with......"This one time at band camp"..........just sayin'. LOL.....

#4 ·
The neighbor kid likes my truck and was asking about how high I lifted it (its a stock Offroad Edition). He and his sister were walking around my truck when I first got it talking about it.

At Lowes, while getting dirt, the guys there complimented me on how clean my truck was and asked if I wanted to sell my rims. I told them $9000 and I'll throw the truck in for free.

#6 ·
I have two stories so far. First, I went to the dealer for the Body Control Module recall. The service place has a wall of windows that looks in from the service department in to the garage where you pull your vehicle in. I pull in (Two lanes inside the building) next to another Ram. I get out and walk towards the service door and I can see two of the counter guys staring at my truck. I get in and one guy says "Wow. That is a nice truck. Does it have a lift in it?" I said "No. It has the Bilstein adjustable shocks up front." The other guys says "That is a nice truck." These guys see Rams all the time.

Second, they have been installing a new water drainage system two blocks down the hill from my house. It is the way I take to work every day. One morning I head down the hill and take a left to drive by the construction. One of the guys flags me down. I stop and roll down my window and say "What's up?" He says "Turn on your blinker again." I turn it on. He looks at it and asks "Is that stock?" meaning the LED blinkers. I said "Sure is." He says "Wow. I had to buy LEDs for my Ford truck. That is a nice truck." This...from a Ford guy.

Still waiting on the chicks to flag me down...

#7 ·
My old '01 Ram, when I took it in for a trade, my salesman literally called everyone in the office to show off what I brought in. It was truly a beautiful truck, and if it wasn't for the repair bills I would still have her.

My new '13, besides my neighbors randomly saying its a nice truck, I took it to work one day before heading out for vacation, and the security guard kept holding me up asking questions about it and saying how nice it is.

#8 ·
My ole '96 is just plain UGLY, but she's purty in her own way; her paint is peeling, her camper shell is a different color, but she's a RCSB 4x4 and has a healthy growl when running.

I was looking for a jeep for my wife, and I pulled in to a used car lot a bit hot, and the salesman whips his head around and just stares, I think "aww sheet, that was a jack move". He walks over, and asks me; "that thing sounds mean, what motor?" I tell him it's a 5.9 with some mods, and how I rebuilt the front end etc...

He ends up offering my $3000 for a truck I had $1500 into, not bad! I turned him down, 'cause all he had were toyotas and fords...

I do get heads turned my way, first for the sound, then for the fact that the hood is up to my shoulder (I'm 6'4")... BIG BLUE :)

#10 ·
It never happens.

#11 ·
Recently when my wife and I were on a camping trip as we pulled into a campground a fellow came up and said nice truck, love those Ram's. Then on the way out, he and another guy said you can leave that truck here.

#12 ·
I'm the old geezer in my old '93 Dakota pulling up to places where y'all boys are saying, "Nice truck!".

#13 ·
I've had some fellow RAMmers, and a few non RAMmers, comment on my 3rd gen truck. It's a Ram, so of course the say "nice truck"! But then they ask me about the spikes on my hood and my wheels. Are they vinyl? Nope. They are Plasti-Dip, just like my wheels. Some nod their head and say 'kewl", others get a strange look on their face and ask what Plasti-Dip is. Well, that's another tread entirely, but I splain it to them and then.. click! The light bulb in their heads turn on and the idea's start to nurture. Gawd, I love my nice truck!

#14 ·
Speaking of girls, one of my friends is a bikini model and the first time she rode in my truck, she said she liked it and was asking about what subs I had. :D

#15 ·
AND????????????????????????:LOL: Seriously though, at my local 7-11 there are always a bunch of guys hanging out there drinking their coffees. I always get "Damn, did you just drive that out of the showroom?" or "Wow RCSB Hemi? That thing must be fast as hell!" I thank them, then when I pull out of the parking lot with them all expecting me to stomp on it, I just ease into it and let her do a low growl down the road. Let 'em guess! :thk: LOL!

#19 ·
I've had quite a few compliments...

Moving into my apartment building. This is an upscale building where there are far more Mercs, BMWs and Audis than any other brands.

Parked out front unloading my stuff, some bookish older guy (walking by with a tight, trophy Asian hottie) said, "That's a nice truck!"

One guy in my new office, who drives a BMW X1, raves on and on about my truck...:shy:

I've had a few Ram drivers give me a thumbs up or a wave on the road. Usually guys driving older Cummins rigs that are obviously well cared for.

#21 ·
There's a clan (KY phrase) in Lorreto KY and they of course began a new culture with one young mother who after arrival spun off her daughters and a cousin at 10k a pop. Nice gals though (patriarch is 63, wife is 46) and the sons got the daughters and a cousin (wilderness out here in the knobs). Hawks Place bar.

R...

#23 ·
My company has 1500 ram's as our company vehicle for the survey department. Last weekend at my company picnic I met one of the survey guys. I said "You guys are lucky. You get drive those rams around all day." He responds "Yea I love those truck they're awesome." I told him mine is the grey one. He responds with a confused look for a second and says "Ooooooooh, the nice one. That's yours? That is a nice truck."

So apparently my truck is know as the "nice one" in my companies survey department. :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.