DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Shift points!!!

10K views 53 replies 14 participants last post by  xtreme 
#1 ·
Sean from hemifever says he can raise the shift points now!!!!!

#4 ·
That's just what I seen he had posted on his facebook page. Im waiting on him to get back with me on what all he can do. I posted this tread just hoping to see if anyone else has already got there's changed. I hoping he can change the shift points from 1st to 2rd

#6 ·
I'm thing I should be happy around 6100-6200 but im wanting it on the 1-2 shift the most.

#8 ·
Chris b. I will wait to reach out to him till after you hear back. Don't want to overload his emails
Yes, this is for the 1st to 2rd shift at 5900

#10 ·
This should just be in drive at wot, he just sent them to me to try out and make sure it don't hit the revlimiter. i'll load them tomorrow and see what happens

#21 ·
Good deal for cammed SC people, I like the sound of that! I haven't done this but I hear your SC tune goes back to stock when in tow haul. Have you heard or done this? Chris b, I take it your tuner guy told you that you can't make power over shifting over 6100 rpms? This is me hitting you in the head by the way :LOL: (just funnin) I tried to tell you guys this in the thread where the kid told me my truck was junk because it didn't make power shifting over 6200 rpms. No offense to him but this is the kid with the stock 13 sec truck that says he shifts at 6500 and 6700...remember? I found 6100 from 1st to 2nd and 6000 from 2nd to 3rd to be the best with it falling flat shifting at 6200. And Chris TM is not just for WOT shift points, it's for part throttle shift point as well. I've had mine set at 8% WOT and Part throttle ever since I had SC trans tuning. You can set it for SC part throttle up and down shift points which are better than stock. Or you can find the sweet spots of your choice at the same time keeping your fav TM settings. Anyway no hard feelings to the kid with the outrageous shift points if hes watching, lol. :hah: If he wants to do drugs that's his business ..just kidding, lol.

#12 ·
I hear these 4gen hemi's fall on theyre face over 6100 and that's what im wanting but I can live with 5900 for now. He said it want be long before he can go up more

Reactions: RadioFlyer
#14 ·
Well I just run the first set of tunes set at 5900 on the 1st to 2rd shift but it hit the rev limiter, not every time but it was hitting. So now he dropped it just a little and we are going to try it at 5850.

#16 ·
NO!!! im not messing around with tq management. It already pulls and shifts hard enough for me.

#18 ·
Just got it all worked out brothers!!! She is shifting at 5900 through all gears... He said it was turned down to 5850 but the tack on the old trinity is showing it to be shifting at 5900. And its hitting 2rd gear hard enough to brake the tires loose.

#20 ·
Not yet, been to busy with the kidos out for school and all but im about ready for some spray. lol

#22 ·
Its all in good fun brother, And I just have diablo trinity so I my self cant do much with TM and my tuner guy is not going to take anymore out because if it trashes my trans then that looks bad on him. but I think I've still got maybe 10%-15% TM. I can ask. I know my truck is still pulling good at 5900 to 6000 and a few more RPM would be nice just to keep me in that power band so I was thinking 6100-6200 would be right on the money. And yes blue beast can shift out at 6500 but last time I heard from him he was already having problems.

#25 ·
Im working with Sean (hemifever) now trying to get to 6200. I'll let yall know what comes of this.

#26 ·
Well its not going as well as we hoped, this might take a few days to get to 6200 but that least yall know someone is working on this.

#28 ·
Wow. Hearing this makes me want to be tuned again. I went back to stock when all the guys that had white lightning tunes like me were blowing up trannys. So I went back to stock till further notice. If I were to get hemifever s tune I will wait till I get longtubes and he figures out this 6200 thing. Until then I will watch this thread.

#30 ·
OK guys we're there!!! Just about any RPM you want to shift at. Im setting mine up at 6200

Reactions: RadioFlyer
#37 ·
Damn it he just did my tune about a month ago. I know I shoulda paid for unlimited tunes
Shot him an email brother, I only paid $125 back in jan. and I bet ive got over 20 tunes from him over the past months:smileup:

#33 ·
You can't adjust shift points on your own with the diablo?

I have the SC and the power increase is great but if I had to choose between the power and transmission tuning I'd take the transmission tuning. Luckily I get both haha. But really dialing in the shift points, TM, and shift schedules is amazing. Sean @ HF also does a very good shift schedule. I've used one of his on my truck and it was pretty good, much better than stock.

Also, overall RT wheel/tire diameter is the same as other rams, roughly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.