DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My 2012 I must say was better electronicly than my 13

4K views 34 replies 25 participants last post by  chonpipi 
#1 · (Edited)
Issues so far.......

Driver door lock pads don't work, only way i can unlock the doors is with my key fob.
When i get into the truck and close the door the horn sounds 3 times
When i unlock the door i have only 5 secs then the door lock right away
proximity sensor doesn't always work
Relays and switches are always clicking
8.4 inch screen overheats and shuts down and restarts over and over again
8.4 inch screen for no reason will do a system reboot
USB for stereo doesn't work anymore
sunroof needed new seals they leak
headlights have a condensation problem, chrysler will not fix they say this is normall for the 2013... have fun with that
Will say i won't be buying another ram after this... i have owned how 4 this is my 5th but they have gone to shit. :doh:

O i don't not suggest adding a performance shit to a 2013 ram may mess your system right up, i don't believe there was enouph effort put into the ram electronicly this time.

See less See more
#31 ·
I hate when Chrysler says "normal operation" for a problem thousands are having.

Couple things:

1) Many say "get out of it while you can" or "if your not happy trade it in". I agree but you have to keep in mind that, although it is 2013, many people including myself stay away from vehicles that are in their first year of production such as the 2013 Ram. Awesome truck, and many have complimented me on my 2012, but if your going to buy a first year product that has not really hit the streets, you have to expect quirks here and there.

2) Go on any other truck forum such as Chevy, Toyota, Ford, whatever. I have and you will see so many members there complaining about their trucks problems. Even search it on Youtube and see the many owners of all brands uploading videos of the issues. As others have said, its a machine regardless of brand you will have problems. Its the common ones that many have that I wish we could get resolved such as the 32 gallon fuel slap.

Good Luck and this is JMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.