DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Robbie's Build- 2001 Sport

4K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  Thebestestdrummer 
#1 · (Edited)
I think the next thing that i did was plasti dip my rims black, after that i did the emblems, mirrors, and handles

That's the way it stayed for awhile.
Then i put a flat black plasti dip hood stripe on.

Started to mask it up then it started to rain, so i had to pull as far into my grage as i possibly can (which wasnt much, its terribly cluttered and has a boat in it..

DONE

Pretty positive what came next was the air horns, Mt stock hors decided not to work and i was too lazy to figure out where exactly it didnt work at, so i just installed new ones...

one air horn, the other an AHHOOOGA horn.

Air horn on the left, AHHOOOOGA in the middle, and the switch is a REMOTE switch to my subs to turn them on or off.

WAIT.. OH GOT I FORGOT ABOUT THE LEDS...
About a year ago ish i bout the truck underbosy 3 million color kit from LEDGLOW (love them) (its gt basically every solid color,flash patterens, glow patterns, everything you can really think of, put those on a week later in my friends garage (like tiny car garage, not like workshop garage.) (actually before i plastidipped my rims)

(blurry pic) but it gets the job done) you can actually see the tubes, so a weekish later i tucked them up farther out of site.

NOW , there was absolutely no where for me to hand the rear tube, so i hung it in the grill instead. Turns out i didn't need the extra 2 underbody tubes so i put those in the interior ( i dont like the locations of them, over and under the rear window, but it works)

See less See more
#2 ·
Next ( i think), was the fans(which are currently not installed anymore due to clashing colors)

After that i got some new subs, 15in Memphis C3's with a MEmphis CM1.1100 amp, or something close to that, haha

all of them together: (+memphis 10in Power REference, with SPL Z2X-1600 amp

After that i grounded my RCAs

Now hers the fun part...... This all started with me fixing a few cracks in my dash. Fixed it, repainted a funky color, then sure enough. The paint just keeps flowing and Flowing.

I also did my calipers and Brake drums during this time............

The brake drum is now a solid green, not a weird strip thing... Ill take some better pics tomorrow

This is basically what my driveway looked like for the weekend...

#3 ·
But now for the totally truck changing part!

^^thats not done yet. Still have the pillars to do, maybe the backs. and some other stuff. Ill get some better and more detailed pictures tomorrow!

Now since i figured my whole truck was getting a makeover, and my tires were off, i figured it would be a good time to re-plastidip my rims, so thats tomorrow

THEN hopefully ill have enough time to finally build the sub box for my 10's behind my seats. I have all the materials, just havnt made it yet!

#4 ·
WWHHOOOOOOOOOPSSS I FORGOT THE FIRST SECTION. THATS AWKWARD.

HERE IT IS:

Instead of posting random stuff, I decided its probably a good time to start a build thread. (I might be forgetting some things in this thread or they might be backwards in time, I can't remember some things!)

Heres an audio Thread that I made awhile. audio was about the only stuff ive done up until recently, this thread is not entireelllyy up to date, but its pretty close, ill add things to this thread now.

Audio Thread: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=150701

Heres a few pictures of what it looked like when I got it at about 96k ish miles.
Everything I think is stock except for the stereo system , which is in the above thread ^^

#5 ·
Oh yeah, i painted whatever section of the intake this is as well.

a few weeks ago i install JBL GTO938 in boxes behind my seats, these will sit on top of the sub box eventually

#7 ·
well it started to rain today, so i didn't get muchh done.

I got almostt he rest of the interior painted, just have some pillars and the back panels left

Heres a better pic of the brake drum

Painted the top half of the handles.

Removed the plastidip from my rims. Man, that was hard, apparently i didn't do enough coats cause it did not want to pull off in one go! i bout some goo gone and is basically disintegrated it. that was dirty and it took awhile to clean though but its all off now!, hopefully i can finish everything tomorrow

#12 ·
these are just placed on top of the visor, ill install these plus more tomorrow, theyll come on when the door opens.

Reactions: Revel Performance
#16 ·
finally got time to install the new green LEDs.. these are only day pics so they don't look bright, I'll some night ones up when it gets dark.

Got them in the dome light, foot wells, visors, and under the door to shine on the ground. They come on when the door opens or when i hit the little scroll when light thing.

LED install thread(more pictures there): http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?p=1206474#post1206474

#24 ·
looks like some people have persuaded me to make another box though! haha like I had originally planned on doing, that one sounds like poop.

but look what was on my porch when I got home today!!

Someone had an offer for a Spectre Performance intake that was so great I couldn't refuse it..

BEFORE:::

AFTER::

#27 ·
Got some new toys today!!!

WOO

Kenwood KDC-HD552u: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43937_Kenwood-KDC-HD552U.html

Apline MRP-F300: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPF300/Alpine-MRP-F300.html?tp=115

And a 3 channel Stinger RCA cable

Neither the Amp or Headunit is extremely nice, but I need an amp, and the one i have doesn't have 3 RCA outs, so this is what I got. The amp isn't all that nice and only pushed 50 watts each channel, but that still beats the 20 for the headunits. It might be able to tide me over for something better

But I got them both off Cragislist for $100.. So you cant really beat that when they're basically brand new!! Stereo needs a wire harness, but other than that, were good!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.