DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Operation RED Phaze 2 Completed

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  platinuminjected 
#1 ·
Let me just say, this was one of the most tedious, time consuming, and ANNOYING thing to try to do! My goal was to have my cluster red, but keep it stock. I didn't want to waste 200 dollars on a new cluster that everyone else does, I wanted to be unique.

I found a product that claimed to be a white lighted cluster face for my gauges. SWEET! Well I got it and it was actually one that you plugged into the cluster to light up.....I tried to mod it to get the light strips out but I ended up destroying it. :smiledown:

I decided to take apart my cluster and see what the back of the gauges looked like. If you decide to do this take your time!!!! It is stuck in a few places so you have to peel it off slowly or you will rip the gauge face. I got mine off with no problems and decided to take some nail polish remover to it. (Contains acetone)

With a bunch of QTips and half a bottle of the remover I was able to scrub off the blue backing to the cluster. When I shined a flashlight through it the color would be white. I then simply reinstalled the gauge face and needles, changed the bulbs with RED LED lights and TADAAA!

It's not perfect, and I plan on getting another stock face to take a little more time with, but at night this thing looks great! In the day time you can notice a few places where the acetone got on the front face.

I'll get more pictures later, but for now this is just with my cell phone. This picture quality is TERRIBLE btw, it looks 100x better than what you see below.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: RedRam10
#2 ·
I'm sure the pic doesn't do it justice, but that looks sweeeeeet! Well worth the time and effort I'd say, nice job on that! :smileup:

- Cajun

#5 ·
Looking Good. I can appreciate the effort that went into that. :smileup:

#7 ·
No doubt. I want to get my hands on another one so I can be really take my time but for now this works great!

I think the nail polish remover got me high too.....maybe wear a mask next time.

#8 ·
looks pretty good bud!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.