DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My Light Sabar

7K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  RansRAM 
#1 · (Edited)
The weather was so warm here today that I installed my new "Xtreme" Amber Scanning Tailgate Light Bar from Recon. Overall a smooth installation. I used a T connecter to tap into my 7pin trailer connector. The only problem was the thickness of the wires for 12V and Reverse. The little connectors that came with the light would not make a connection so I had to solder them. I think it looks awesome, even better since I got it with winnings from a lottery ticket I got for my Birthday. :smileup: Can't wait to see it at night. I took a few pics for everyone to see.

Running Lights

Reverse

Left Turn Signal

Brake

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. No problem it was $160 with shipping however they charged me another $30 when I picked it up at the post office. Oh and the T connector was $50 from Ebay.

that looks great!
Thanks, as I said can't wait to see it at night.

#8 ·
Thanks, I'll try and get some night shots but I'm not that good at photography at night. LOL

That looks great. Do you have a link for that T-connector?
Thanks, here is a link for the T-connecter. I highly recommend it for this application. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Trailer-Plug...=item2eb8870f6c&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1#ht_1675wt_1147

That looks great! I definitely want to get one that scans.. just dont feel like paying for the recon one
Thanks. If it helps this Recon product is very well built and I did get 26% off the price direct from gorecon. I'd be afraid of getting something cheaper since it is out and exposed to the elements. JMO.

#7 ·
That looks great! I definitely want to get one that scans.. just dont feel like paying for the recon one

#9 ·
Yea.. that has been my thing about getting one because all of my friends that have them (only one has recon) have had problems with the wiring or water seeping in and ruining it

#12 ·
Not that i know of. He says the typical line "you get what you pay for"... its true lol and with recon being so expensive, it better be good

#13 ·
My truck had one when I bought it but I'm thinking about selling it for one like yours because it doesn't have amber blinkers, reverse light, and two or three leds are out on the passenger side lol. I definitely want to upgrade to one like yours! Yours looks sick!

#19 · (Edited)
Wow.. very nice! Is this Recon part #26416x?? I have been researching numerous tailgate light bars, watching tons of Youtube videos to try and find the one that I just can't live without. Recon's Xtreme 60" bar (#26416x) is the one I have settled on so your post is most helpful. :)
Another question.. does this bar block the access slot to lower the spare tire at all??

And any chance for night pics yet? :D

Also, your link for the connector is on Canada's eBay site.. it keeps telling me I have to log in (even though I already am).. is this the same connector?

#21 ·
Wow.. very nice! Is this Recon part #26416x?? I have been researching numerous tailgate light bars, watching tons of Youtube videos to try and find the one that I just can't live without. Recon's Xtreme 60" bar (#26416x) is the one I have settled on so your post is most helpful. :)
Another question.. does this bar block the access slot to lower the spare tire at all??

And any chance for night pics yet? :D

Also, your link for the connector is on Canada's eBay site.. it keeps telling me I have to log in (even though I already am).. is this the same connector?
Thanks, and yes same part number. No it does not block the hole for the spare at all, mounts just above it. The link you gave for the T connector is the exact same one that I got. I will try and get some night shots however just a warning that my night photography skills suck. :LOL:

#31 ·
Ya, the picture turned out great and it really does look like a light saber LOL.

170 + 30 for Ontario Tax and handling :i_rolleyes:

AWESOME! Thanks heaps for the pics! I'll be getting mine with and monies I get from Santa and the birthday fairy.. LOL.. here's hoping!
NP, you should definitely get one. Here's hoping you were a good girl this year :LOL:

That looks great! Do the turn signals line up? I am looking into the "White lightning" LED bar because I heard the turn signals are delayed on the bar.
Thanks for the compliment. Yes the turn signals scroll in amber and look awesome, just hard to capture in the dark in a still. You can see the amber in the daylight stills at the start of this thread. The turn signals are not delayed they scroll in unison to my LED tails.

#30 ·
That looks great! Do the turn signals line up? I am looking into the "White lightning" LED bar because I heard the turn signals are delayed on the bar.

#38 ·
I just ordered the Plasmaglow tailgate light bar today. I didnt want the amber signals, only the red and the signals also scan instead of just flash! cant wait to get it. got it from Auto Anything, sounds like duty and brokerage shouldnt be a problem.. ill get some pics out soon enough! :)

#40 ·
Sadly my light sabar has bit the dust. Not happy that Recon can do nothing for me. Said too bad out of warranty. Seems moisture got into the small control box and shorted out the circuit board. I'm thinking different manufacturer for replacement like plasma glow. Oh well managed two years from it (sarcasm) lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.