DODGE RAM FORUM banner

questions

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  moparmike07 
#1 ·
Need help on what a good header and exhaust combo is.. And what difference the shorty headers have against the long tube headers.. As far as exhaust goes I'm leaning towards magnaflow for performance.. Also going to change cold air intakes because my k&n didn't live up to my expectations.. Any ideas would be nice..

#5 ·
I wouldn't go so far to say shorty's are a waste...when you look at the stock exhaust and compare to a shorty, at least there are distinct and separate exhaust ports as opposed to the oem setup..

#6 ·
I have a carb legal exhaust shorty setup that I use for inspection every other year. I'll agree it doesn't perform as well as my lt setup but it definitely performs better then stock.

#7 ·
Honestly you keep hearing go Longtubes and that's fine. But if you are wanting performance you will really feel then the exhaust is just the start.

That being said I would wait before jumping on an ARH product. A few new companies have hit the market and they are starting to bring the price down.

Also Vararam is the only CAI that claims any gains. They even have a guarantee that if you don't like it they will take it back. Not much to lose there.

You should know if you go with Long tube headers you may need to shut off 02 sensors.. to do that you will need a tuner. I would get the tuner first since that will give you the most bang for your buck up front... IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.