DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2007 hid headlight install

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  oksparky88 
#1 ·
Okay so I got my hid headlight kit in today from amazon hooked it up and when I turned on my lights(without turning the truck on) they came on just fine... Well I went to turn my truck on and the lights flash a couple times then shut off.. Idk what to do and am starting to get pissed

#4 ·
you have to have resistors for them to work properly the rams don't have them built in until i believe 2010 so you need resistors for them to not flash and to stay on properly. without the resistors it doesn't matter what bulb or what ballast you get it wont work. i will say this you pay for what you get. i have a retro solutions kit and i love them it comes with everything needed and is guaranteed to work. also if you want to get a new housing check out ************* they make and amazing product i am currently saving for a set from them.

#5 ·
jbobizzle -- I have the same truck as you, a 2007 with the H13 bulbs. I recently purchased a set of H13 72w CREE LED headlight bulbs with screw-on heat sink fans and constant driver boxes. I installed them and had the same problem you mentioned -- would work great when the truck was not running, but would flicker and go off as soon as I started the engine. I did some research and bought a pair of H13 canbus flicker canceller decoder relays and installed them between the stock plug and the constant drivers, but still had the same problem. Not entirely sure I got the correct relays, as I never have gotten any error codes pop up.
Were you able to get your's to work properly? I did have to get the dealer to recode the computer to recognize my fog lights -- is this something else I have to get the dealer to code? Any info/advice you can offer will be appreciated. I hate to think I've wasted my money on something I can't get to work. BTW, I live just down the road from you in Lawton.

Thanks,
Ron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.