Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Take off the 1500 Ram + Outdoorsman

Votes: 45 19.5%
  • Take off the 1500 Ram + Outdoorsman + Hemi

Votes: 76 32.9%

Debadge or not?

19K views 92 replies 63 participants last post by  hacksawwv 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not the kind of guy that ask for opinion on modification, but i'm really not sure on this one.

Picture 1, 100% stock

Picture 2, 1500 Ram debadge

Picture 3, 1500 Ram + Outdoorsman debadge

Picture 4, 1500 Ram + Outdoorsman + Hemi debadge

What do you guy's think?

Edit: New picture with painted handle.

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

See less See more
#37 ·
I debadged all of mine for the cleaner look and also in hopes of gettin more people to try and challenge me to run-em...so i could surprise them... but i think the opposite holds true, they see nothing and think i'm more modded then I'm lettin on :)

#38 ·
I'm a little late to the party, but want to throw out a thought or two.

First, I have never liked all the crap on tailgates. a ram badge....a power wagon badge maybe a 4x4 badge, but not all three!! Good grief! After pulling the 4x4 and slt of mine I realized how cluttered it had been.

I also pulled off my ram badges on the doors, MUCH cleaner looking.

I left the Hemi badges because short bed/cabs with hemis are rare so I like to advertise that....yes, I will indeed SMOKE your onerous Chevy, Ford, GMC, Nissan, or Toyota.

#39 ·
I partially debadged my 08 Laramie 4x4. I removed the hemi logos from the fenders and the Laramie logo, as well as the ram head from the tailgate. This left Ram on the door because in 08 it just said ram without the series number. On the tailgate it just says 4x4. I do still have the stock grill with the ram emblem in it. My next step is blacking out my grill inserts.

#40 ·
I took it all off the sides put the r/t in the grill and bought a second one and ground the mount off and put 3m tape on and put on tail gate bought the HEMI emb from the Challenger and put on the hood (in red) really stands out on Black truck. A much cleaner look

#42 ·
Debadged other than hemi plates. Much cleaner and more stealthy. Ex Nay to the shiny crap! :smiledown:

#44 ·
I debadged my sides (ram and hemi) painted the front and back rams heads black along with the 4x4 and am relocating the hemi badge to the hood eventually. I was always on the fence about debadging but after doing it and sitting looking at it I'm definitely glad I did. It looks badass.

#52 ·
The only thing on my truck I don't like is the dealership's badge on my tailgate. I know they make stuff to remove it but I haven't had the extra money to buy any. I love the Hemi and 4x4 badges.
Way back in the day, they tried to do that when I bought my new Mustang, '97 Cobra. When I test drove it there wasn't a logo on it and I specifically told the salesman that I didn't want one on there...I would be happy to tell people where I got the car but I didn't want it trashing up the back of my trunk.

When they pulled the car around, lo and behold, there was the cheesy plastic dealer logo on there. When I pointed it out the salesman just kind of shrugged and said there was no way to get it off. It was so new, I just walked over, peeled it right off and told him where he could stick it.

#48 ·
:LOL:
I debadged my '09, except for the word HEMI

i went to a auto glass place to get a mirror glass replaced
The owner walked out to see just what i was talking about, ( he was from Iraq )
He walked all around my Ram & then asked me what it was

#49 ·
I think a black or white truck looks really clean debadged, maybe bright red also. The other colors I like with blacked out emblems. Mine still looks factory. I havent taken the notion to plasti-dip mine yet. I would kind of like mine to be camo, and accentuate other pieces with camo, since my truck is sagebrush. Maybe one day Ill do something about it.

#58 ·
I'm on the fence still.. I may take off just the Ram 1500.. Or the hemi and the Ram 1500 and replace with black vinyl.. As my ram is black pearl it will give it a ghost graphic look.. Also doing a black vinyl wrap on the center of the hood and possibly the Daytona stripes on the front fenders..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.