DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Which Headers?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  casper97ta 
#1 ·
Which header would be better, a Gibson log type or a shorty type?

#5 ·
I have a set of edlebrock headers on now that a guy had on his 07 but they`re not sealing right so I might see about getting them machined. But I need a y pipe because the guy that put my headers on bend one side and now it has a kink in it.

#7 ·
Smart choice from what I have read & discerned on forums.
IMO, shorties aren't god for much more than a slight power bump and some louder exhaust noise where LTs provide a solid power bump throughout.
\I've never read of a guy moving from LTs to shorties, but have seen many guys re-sell shorties to buy LTs.
If I were able to buy headers, they would be LTs and the only choice would be from whom (Stainless works or AR)

#8 ·
Stainless works look to be a bit cheaper and by the looks of the products between AR and Stainless Works they are comparable. The stainless works look to come with a mid pipe where AR wants you to buy a mid pipe separate. I'm close to pulling the trigger on some LT's myself.

#10 ·
Go LT header off the bat.

#12 ·
For the 3rd Gens I would go with the Pacesetter LT's. Good product and on the cheaper side as far as long tubes go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.