DODGE RAM FORUM banner

////-led bars-\\\

11K views 54 replies 26 participants last post by  stricnine 
#1 ·
Lets see those LED Bar set ups!

Also include a picture of the switch mounts, and a description of the wiring job.

I just purchased a LED 50" and Brackets to hang above the windshield. Im hoping to get it rigged up this weekend. Then I can post a pic. HOPE to see some good looking pictures.

#3 ·
Switches

LED's

Wasn't how I was going to originally mount them, but didn't want to mess with moving the license plate and also had garage spacing constraints.

Wiring is from LED's through lower air dam, up and along driver side fender, connected to battery, through firewall to switches. Pretty easy install except drilling the holes for the switches. Pretty nervous drilling them in a brand new truck.

#4 ·
Here's mine I just put on and installed a couple days ago.

The left switch is for my emergency lights for FD and the right is to power the bar. The switches are real simple...they have three prongs coming off the back. One power, one ground and the middle one the power to the light(s). Simple run the power wire to the battery and fuse it. Run the ground to a reliable ground (or battery) then the auxiliary power to the lights you're powering. Very simple install.

#5 ·
#7 ·

Attachments

#12 ·
I've been waiting for these pictures to come out. Can't wait to see them on the truck. Best of luck with the install tomorrow!

I'll be getting the first of its kind, Rigid Industries RDS grille and light bar setup for 4th gen Rams on Aug 1. Pictures will be posted including the installation and finished product.

#19 ·
Boosted,
How do you think it would look on the chromed out deep cherry red Longhorn? I so want to have something like this. When do they think it will be available?
I think it would look sweet! When I first got to the shop, they had the grille mocked up on a chrome surround and it really looked good, especially with the stainless steel hardware.

I don't work for Rigid Industries so I really don't know when they will become available. If I had to guess, it would be in a couple of months maybe? I know they still have to approve the design (which I think will happen soon), get their promotional work done (think website pictures and stuff) and start production (which I think they are ready to do as well).

I've been very fortunate to have had the opportunity to try out new/prototype stuff on my Poison Spyder Customs Jeep JK and now my Ram 1500. Looking forward to this product to be released as it is truly bad ass! :smileup:

#18 ·
me too!

Got my grill on recently. It's a Royalty Core RCX with dual LEDs. It was painted Granite Crystal with chrome mesh. Installation wasn't too bad. The LED's are Vision X 11" Xmitter Prime (10 degrees).
The comparison pics are PIAA highbeams and the Vision X. The button is a 22mm blue LED http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/hfm-sw46b/overview/
The lights came with complete wiring and toggle switches but I thought this switch was nicer and matches the blue ambient lighting of the Laramie.

Attachments

#24 ·
I am waiting for it to get dark out so I can take some better shots that will show how Rigid Industries led light bars out perform all the others. :smileup:
Not to start an LED pissing match, but a bit of checking reveals my 36 total LED bulbs (180 watts total) put out an impressive 17,748 Raw Lumens compared to the RDS bar with 60 bulbs (225 watts total) putting out a total of 15,690 Raw Lumens.
But to be fair, a better comparison to the RDS would be a Vision X 30" lightbar with 54 bulbs making 26,622 Raw Lumens- or almost the double the RDS with still 6 fewer bulbs.

That being said, yours is curved and that is sexy.

Cheers!

ps: Did I mention the Vision X is dimmable?

#26 ·
Nope, not going to do it.... lol

I will say this though.... There is nothing that compares to the RDS as it is the first and only curved light bar on the market. :smileup:
Not the only, lots of curved bars.

#28 ·
I really wish Rigid would allow you to post a few photos before they go live with this.... I'm not saying that it's not "perfect" the way it was designed, however what could be better for them then to allow a Ram Forum to have some input on a few tweaks to really set it off.

I for one really like my OEM grill on my Sport and it would be VERY difficult to pry me away from that.... however, if they were to create a mod for the lower grill where the tow hooks WOULD be located, that's another story. I really like the look of the Rigid LED's in the lower grill on the 2500's and would be much more apt to pull the trigger on something clean like that.

Here's to waiting and hoping the grill isn't a total bummer when I see it!

#29 ·
I really wish Rigid would allow you to post a few photos before they go live with this.... I'm not saying that it's not "perfect" the way it was designed, however what could be better for them then to allow a Ram Forum to have some input on a few tweaks to really set it off.

I for one really like my OEM grill on my Sport and it would be VERY difficult to pry me away from that.... however, if they were to create a mod for the lower grill where the tow hooks WOULD be located, that's another story. I really like the look of the Rigid LED's in the lower grill on the 2500's and would be much more apt to pull the trigger on something clean like that.

Here's to waiting and hoping the grill isn't a total bummer when I see it!
I hear ya bro and will post full pictures as soon as I am given the ok to do so.... Hang in there, shouldn't be too much longer.

BTW.... My friend (who happens to work for Rigid Industries) that designed this grille has read the comments and said that he appreciates all feedback, good or bad. :smileup:

#30 ·
I just got my truck back from the transmission shop, i feel raped and broke now. But Ive been waiting to put on my brackets and led bar 50" curved above windshield. Not to many ppl in my area have them, so I thought about being the outcast. Anyways I hope to get everything put on tomorrow so I can own the night.

Thanks for all the pics, they all look cool.

#33 ·
#37 ·
Thanks for the photos.... I'd be very interested to see a few more pics when you have time. I'm flip flopping back and forth at the moment. Part of me really likes the look, the other half kind of feels the honeycomb pattern is a little too large. It may just be the angle and the sunlight, but I'm not one that prefers to see the radiator and tubing that runs under the hood. Since I'm leaning towards the all black look like many others, I'd like to see the screws on the edges to be blacked out, or have a smooth grille option- not sure if those are in the works or not.

Thanks again for the photos!! Perfect height on the truck to get a great light spread, without adding a lot of bulk from a roof mount etc.

:smileup:

#40 · (Edited)

Two 7" led bars behind grill and one 20" GORILLA LEDS Predator Series combo led bar on front bumper bar

All lights on!!

the HId headlights and fog lights on only
just the 20" GORILLA LEDS Predator Series light bar on!

the switch
If anyone would is interested in purchasing GORILLA LEDS light bars please message me and they come with a 2 year in-house warranty and can me found on facebook page under Gorilla Leds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.