DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hemifever tunning ?

8K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  highrpms 
#1 ·
Well , I think it is time for the hemifever tuning upgrade to my diablo sport programmer . I have been talking with Sean and sounds like I should see some noticeable improvements . I was curious if anyone else has done this and if the results were noticeable .

#2 ·
As far as a tuning goes, it will be about like the step up from the stock truck to the canned tunes when you get Seans tunes, he does very good work. His transmission tunes are also very solid still running mine with a different custom tune and it is awesome! You will definitely wonder why you hadnt done it sooner

#8 ·
That is a bit of a conundrum man... I know mine ran a lot, and that's understatement, better. It could easily be one of those quirky instances where you are the 1% idk man :4-dontknow:

How many times did he have you log and tweak? And are you putting your shift point to the same parameters

#13 ·
Please don't post this on the other forum. It would be a 30 page cryfest about how hemifever is the best in the world..lol

I want to try his tune, but it seems people either say its totally awesome are completely sucks.

#14 ·
jharrram13, could it be that you have the 8 speed and maybe the tunes aren't dialed in just yet?

I'm in the same boat as you blowngp, every time I am ready to pull the trigger I read a thread like this. I guess the only way to really know is to try it out myself.

#15 ·
I don't have the 8 speed (wish I did). It almost feels like he forgot to do something on the 91 tune or something but you cant view current values only tweek them. I have no idea whats up with it only that Im not impressed with it. I think Im gonna go back to my 89 tune and play with that a little. I will say after I first put the 89 tune in every drive I took for the first 5-10 it seemed to get a little more power each time. I just ran a 6.52 0-60 last night with the 91 so Ill let you know the results after I go back to the 89.

#16 ·
I had another custom tune and switched to HF 2 months ago. I was running a 6.2 0-60 with the old custom tune. When I switch to HF, I run a 5.9 0-60 with the same mods. I have also seen about a 2mpg increase with HF. These were all with the 91 tune.

#17 ·
Just a quick question, say I get the hemi fever tune and then get more mods? Will he adjust the tunes as I mod, or will I have to pay him each time?

#18 ·
That I cant say. I haven't gotten to that point. Have you thought about reaching out to white lightning? I think I may give it a try to see if there is a difference and I will mention that I just switched back to my 89 tune and increased throttle by 10% and its a huge difference I think. Ill try a 0-60 hopefully in the next couple days for proof but this furthers my theory that something just isn't right with his 91 tune.

#19 ·
Well , the Hemifever tune is done . I run 93 , and decided to use the HF tune for 93 . WOW , My truck is SOOOO much more responsive and fun to drive ! Sean nailed it on the first shot . I believe this is that "dialed in" tune/mod my truck was looking for . Well worth $125.00 for sure . Thanks for everybody's input .

#23 ·
Im running a hemifever 89 tune and I love it. So much better than the garbage tunes ds sends you. I would rather be stock than run a canned ds tune. Hemifever was a night and day difference. I'm already averaging 17.5mpg and it keeps going up. Stock original paper filter and exhaust as well.

#34 ·
Is the 180 Thermostat worth the upgrade for performance, along with tuning for it? After the install of it, how is your heat in the winter time?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.