DODGE RAM FORUM banner

JBA Long Tube Headers

24K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  gixxer160 
#1 ·
Looks like JBA has released their 4G Long Tube Headers, only took them 5 years...

ARH and Stainless Works may have to adjust their prices

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm all over this one,
Just having trouble finding a retailer to sell/ship me a set
Still not listed at AutoAnything's website,
No reply from Matt at Performance. PM sent 2 days ago with no reply

Can some at Bully's help?
I need a quote on a set shipped to Edmonton
(Silver Ceramic Coated part# 6961SJS)

I currently have JBA's Shorties and stock cats,
Now that I'm supercharged, rear o2's tuned out, I need to lose the Cats
that are the biggest restriction in my system right now.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm with you bud ^^

I live in Grande Prairie and am moving to Edmonton end of April to attend NAIT and I am also in need of a set of long tubes!

I'm currently in talks with a header back system from SW but I might be persuaded to pick up a set of these ASAP if they are being released to us

So if somebody can get me these I will buy them and install them this month
For sure guys we will get you hooked up, let me get some numbers thrown together and I will PM you both :) I have to call our JBA Rep yet as the new part numbers ave not populated our systems yet either.

#4 ·
I'm with you bud ^^

I live in Grande Prairie and am moving to Edmonton end of April to attend NAIT and I am also in need of a set of long tubes!

I'm currently in talks with a header back system from SW but I might be persuaded to pick up a set of these ASAP if they are being released to us

So if somebody can get me these I will buy them and install them this month

#8 ·
Sure thing!

Can I get a quote too? I have a new credit card I am debating on maxing out or not. I mean I need to take advantage of zero interest while I can right?:LOL:
Hey nothing wrong with taking advantage of 0% :) Still waiting for our rep to get back to me, he might not get back to me till Monday, as soon as he does though everyone will have email :)

#10 · (Edited)
*crickets*

:doh:

I hope this doesn't turn out like the 4G JBA Shorty headers fiasco from two years ago,
when they underestimated the demand, lost their coater to quality issues and got back logged by 6-9 months.

Matt from Moe's sent me a PM on the "other board", that he got his shipment on Monday, But only set one of each:
(Stainless Steel non coated, Silver Ceramic coated, Titanium Ceramic coated)

I Quickly called Dibb's on his Silver Ceramic coated headers ($719)
He got me a shipping quote to Canada in record time, Sent him my PayPal right away :D

...had a Tracking number before noon

#11 ·
Interested to see how this turns out for you

#16 ·
Very nice, what do the non coated stainless go for?

#17 · (Edited)
Matt at Moe's :

Regular stainless are $575 shipped, and the ceramic coated are $720 shipped. I haven't put these on the website yet due to the limited availability. I ordered 8 of these a week or so ago, and they only had 4 in stock. Those are supposed to be here today, but they said it could be 3-4 weeks on the other 4 sets.

We are supposed to receive 1 Silver ceramic, 1 Titanium ceramic, and 2 regular stainless this afternoon.

#18 ·
Holly crap that is cheap! These just moved ahead of cat-back on my to-do list.

#20 · (Edited)
Nothing yet, but coming soon (OP didn't quote the entire post from Dustin)

Here ya go:

This is a NEW JBA part that is in stock and ready to ship. You guys wanted a stainless header that did not break the bank so here it is.:rck:

There is no mistaking that the 5.7L Hemi has first class power in the truck and SUV market. JBA's new Stainless Steel 1 7/8” Long Tube Headers for this awesome power plant have been engineered to deliver more of that power throughout the RPM range where it can be put to good use. Any truck owner can tell you that low-end torque comes in handy when hauling or cruising. Mid-range power when charging a hill or passing on the freeway rates high on the wish list too. JBA addressed both of these areas and added an extra 30+ hp to the peak power as well. How does an extra 24 lb-ft. @ 2100 RPM sound? You have plenty of options to suit your needs as well - "works" finish stainless steel or high heat rated ceramic coated.

Features
• 3/8" thick laser-cut flanges
• Firecone® technology collector
• One piece CNC Mandrel-bent stainless steel 1-7/8" primary tubes
• JBA sealing rings on head flange
• Premium quality hardware included
• 02 Extensions Included in kit
• Optional ceramic coating (thermal barrier)
• 360 degree Tig & Mig welds
• Oversized exhaust ports

2009-2014 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 5.7L Hemi 2&4WD

6961S
Jobber $599.99
http://images.pertronix.com/Exhaust%20Products/JBA%20Exhaust/6961S.jpg

6961SJS
Jobber $737.99
http://images.pertronix.com/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/6961SJS.jpg

6961SJT
Jobber $737.99
http://images.pertronix.com/Exhaust Products/JBA Exhaust/6961SJT.jpg

This header kit come with reducers so you can hook them up to the factory Y-pipe or we will have a couple different options on Y-Pipes in the near future. Parts are already in stock at Moe's Performance or your favorite retailer.

I already have a Maggy Y-Pipe that installed 3 years ago and stock cross-pipe to weld the supplied reducers to

...another option is to run new dual pipes to a Muffler with built in X
I may go that route eventually...

#26 ·
Install will be in a couple weeks, (one more transmission to rebuild first)
and My header package was missing the flange connector/reducers.

Matt called Dustin and said Josh (fastehemiram) found the same in his Titanium set JBA sent to Moe's

Dustin sent me a pm right away asking for my address to ship them out asap.

#28 ·
These are for sure next on my things to buy list!

#31 · (Edited)
Unlike the POS flimsy felt gaskets JBA used to ship with their shorty headers 2 years ago, the new ones look good.
I bought new Mopar gaskets to use with my shorties, I think it came to $20

I think I'm going to give these new gaskets from JBA a shot,
it appears they listened to feedback from their customers and made a significant effort to give us something we could actually use.

My Buddy (MGRAM) used the ARH gaskets when he installed his LT's,
no problem with those either.

#34 ·
Sounds good! I'm eager to hear about the fitment. :smiley_thumbs_up:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.