DODGE RAM FORUM banner

42" Curved LED Bar in 2013 Sport Bumper

19K views 38 replies 28 participants last post by  Hollow19 
#1 ·

This is a test fire of it, I plugged it into the foglight

Very tight, I might add a few washers to bring it a bit further out.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

Reactions: Bushmaster
#4 ·
Very nice I wish the Outdoorsman had the cut out like in your bumper. Looks like it belongs there.

I will give you some rep points for that.:smileup:

#5 ·
Thanks. I will wire it up properly tomorrow.

#7 · (Edited)
The front surface?
Yes I can definitely do that.

Actually this is an Ebay special, I paid $220. I can buy 4 for the price of one Rigid.

It is 1050mm, or 41" 3/8 inches

#9 ·
Headlights only

Headlights/Fogs

Headlights/Fogs/LED bar

LED Bar only

Headlights are 55w HID
Fogs are 35w HID

#13 ·
Good thread like how you included output shots. Can you pm the ebay seller u got it from? I'm guessing u just got it recently, how is the quality and have you had any water or moisture issues? Did you use mounting hardware included or something else? Great job!

#15 ·
No cutting of any factory parts. I simply took the lower valance plastic out.
Customization: I bought a 10ft piece of 1/8" x 1.5" Aluminum and mounted it.

Good thread like how you included output shots. Can you pm the ebay seller u got it from? I'm guessing u just got it recently, how is the quality and have you had any water or moisture issues? Did you use mounting hardware included or something else? Great job!
Seller is 2007gg
No moisture ingress/moisture in the lens so far.
The bar was a lot heavier than I thought it was going to be, seems like a solid bar. No complaints so far.
I made the brackets myself out of 1/8" thick, 1.5" wide aluminum

I unfortunately didnt take any shots of the mounts themselves. But they were ridiculously easy to make

#17 ·
Wiring was very straight forward. I installed a relay directly to the battery, running to a switch in the cab (which I will be swapping out for something from http://www.otrattw.net/).
Once I get that switch in I will run it off an ignition source. Right now its 100% independent and straight to the battery.
Relay harness came with a fuse, etc

Took me 10 minutes to wire/solder connections.

#19 · (Edited)
I have the same 42" curved 240 watt spot/flood on my 14 express. Mine sits a little further in so I could put tht stupid front plate bracket back on. Also from ebay from led factory direct out of Cali. For $165. I used them since I have mounted their straight bars in friends trucks and never had a issue. Probably all made in the same Chinese factory anyway. I don't buy rigid. They are expensive and these work good enough for me. I just used a 40 amp relay on mine incase I want to add some small pods or something later with a ground trigger switch to save from having to add extra inline fuses for everything. Looks good. I was lazy and got some brackets off a guy on another forum he had water jet cut and drilled so it was a 30 min install with wiring.

#22 ·
Mounted up the same bar after seeing yours. Brackets rusty, just got it put on, and last minute changed the steel from what I had already painted, getting late on a sunday figured I'd wait until spring to pull it and paint it

#23 ·
Those are some nice looking brackets.
I might have to get some fabricated at work

#25 ·
Cut with a plasma, the drivers side just made it, ran out of steel and wanted it to grab the two frame bolts, the passenger side light bar bolt is more centered.

#26 · (Edited)
I have the same setup in my 14 express. I left mine recessed so I could keep the front plate on since it came with the bracket and don't feel like filling the holes and repainting the bumper. Later when it gets chipped up I will probably remove and fil it in then paint it. Wish mine didn't already have a plate holder on it. Luckily someone had some water jet cut stainless brackets made for their 12 and had extras made so I didn't have to make any.

#32 ·
I plan on doing the same thing when i start modding my 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, that i have not ordered yet.
First will be switching out the Chrome bumpers for the Express/Sport type painted bumpers
Then Tow Hooks & curved light bar installed in the front bumper

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.