DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2015 Longhorn EcoDiesel ordered

8K views 60 replies 18 participants last post by  spp 
#1 · (Edited)
This newly ordered truck (as of 9/27) is FAR from my norm or last truck (that I sold over 2 months ago) LOL
However, needs, wants and likes have changed over the years.

The wait will kill me, but I'll be looking forward to taking delivery. It's already in 'D' status...

Specs:
- 2015 Longhorn
- 3.0L EcoDiesel with 8spd tranny
- Monotone Granite Crystal over Cattle Tan/Black Interior (not your typical combo)
- Crew Cab
- 6'4" Bed
- LSD
- Sunroof
- Rear Window Defroster
- Tow Group
- Park sense (F/R)
- Protection Group
- Wheel to wheel steps
- Convenience Group
- Air Suspensions
- Spray in Liner

Pretty much loaded!
Rambox wasn't an option on the Longhorn in my configuration like it is on the Laramie, but the leather (thick, high quality and soft) and overall interior of the Longhorn won me over.

MSRP $71,528 + taxes

Negotiated and Signed for $54,279 with the possibility of a delivery date price $52,779 when rebates increase from $7000 to $8500, which it should, should my truck arrive sometime in December.

Already have mods ordered and a bunch sitting in my cart ;)

My old truck will surely be missed

See less See more
#5 ·
Woot!
Finally a thread about it!
So the waiting game begins. Now I gotta try to get an Eco before you. :LOL:
Yes, the waiting game is on. And you'll prob have 2 ED's before I get mine... LOL
But man oh man, 2+ months without a truck, I had to get into another one. Almost didn't... :4-looney:

That's a fantastic price you got!
You're telling me.... My dealer treats me VERY well. No BS, no non sense.
They show and print me out the cost, turn it around to face me and says this is your price among all other rebates.
And you being from Canada as well, know that rebates are CRAZY here
$10k on '14s
$8500K on' 15s
(both include $1500 loyalty Ram discount for being a Ram customer)

I ordered mine last week and was told 6 to 8 weeks for delivery. Why so long?
That is exactly what I was told too. Which takes me into December. Great way to get a new truck.... In the snow.
Gotta get it rust proofed before delivery.

But why? If you ordered an ED, it's the shortage of Motors.
Hence why they increased production 20% more and are taking ED Motors from the Grand Cherokee division.
I guess they never thought it would take off like this.

I can tell you this though, for every 5 rams I see on the road, 1 is an ED.

#3 ·
That's a fantastic price you got!

#40 ·
You're telling me.... My dealer treats me VERY well. No BS, no non sense.
They show and print me out the cost, turn it around to face me and says this is your price among all other rebates.
And you being from Canada as well, know that rebates are CRAZY here
$10k on '14s
$8500K on' 15s
(both include $1500 loyalty Ram discount for being a Ram customer)
As much as I would love to trade in and get a 2015 Limited ED, my wife would cut my dick off and kill me.
my current truck according to her is the "last truck" I will ever own haha.

Although now that my sister started working for a Dodge/Ram dealership, I do qualify for 'Employee' pricing...

#8 ·
Congrats on the new truck. I ordered a longhorn as well. Are the full length running boards an option up in Canada? They are standard down here. Or at least they were for 2014. I am going to be pretty upset if my truck shows up w/o them.

I ordered my truck on 9/12. Still sitting in 'D' status..

#11 ·
In the 2014 they were standard as wheel to wheel, however on the 15 (at least here in Canada) they are not and it only comes with cab length, so I quickly made that change before it went into D status
My dealer also said that should it not be the wheel to wheel, they will order the steps and swap them out

#9 ·
Just ordered Oct 2,2014

2015 Laramie crew cab 4x4 6'4" bed
3.0 diesel
8 speed auto
Deep cherry red with bright silver lower
leather seats black
Uconnect 8.4
engine block heater
wheel to wheel steps
power sunroof
anti spin
rubber floor mats
remote start
trailer tow mirrors and brake group
park sensors
convenience group
air suspension
protection group
single disc cd

MSRP $56,670
dealer sold $51,597

was told maybe by Christmas:
getting accessories together:
new wheels
bedliner spray in
grill guard
bed cover

#12 ·
2015 Laramie crew cab 4x4 6'4" bed
3.0 diesel
8 speed auto
Deep cherry red with bright silver lower
leather seats black
Uconnect 8.4
engine block heater
wheel to wheel steps
power sunroof
anti spin
rubber floor mats
remote start
trailer tow mirrors and brake group
park sensors
convenience group
air suspension
protection group
single disc cd

MSRP $56,670
dealer sold $51,597

was told maybe by Christmas:
getting accessories together:
new wheels
bedliner spray in
grill guard
bed cover
Looks like it will be a pretty sweet truck. I guess you went 3.55 route? Im still doubting my decision going with 3.92 as 3.55 does very well with the ED, as peak power is between 1800-2400 RPM and factoring in the 8spd.
Im sure I will have fun with mine.
Tunes are soon to be coming too :D

Nicely done man, the new truck will be sweet. As you said, needs/likes/wants change over the years. Happy waiting time!
Exactly :smileup:

#17 ·
Whats up Zach!
I have been eye balling an ED since I heard about them.
I love the Cummins, but its too much truck for me. the 1500 is already too much as I don't tow much (maybe once a year) and use it mainly for family outings, kids hockey, etc.
Selling my truck at an unbelievable price pushed me into this and although I love the Hemi, fuel stinked....LOL

Man, there are lifted ED's already who are still averaging 21-25MPG depending on gearing.
It will only get better as tunes become available and deletes should that be what other people want to do.

But Im looking forward to it and looking forward to getting over 650miles to a thank of diesel :smileup:

#16 ·
Looking forward to seeing the progress on this build...

I too ordered a pretty simple setup as I plan to keep this one for a while.
RAM1500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 5'7 bed
EcoDiesel
White/Gold on Canyon Brown
Convenience Group
Protection Group
Standard 3.55 gearing

No sunroof, no air suspension, and no rambox (have to remove protection group to get rambox).

Still undecided on mods but your feedback on your mods will be essential.

#18 ·
Still sounds like a great looking truck.
I was soooo close to grabbing white/gold longhorn they had on the lot, but held out for the one I really wanted. Plus it helped that it sold the next hour as I was staring at it...LOL

But I will update all on mods I do as I have done with my other truck

#19 ·
I still have not sat down at the Fleet Managers desk to place my order
I will not have to deal with the Showroom Sales Team
I do have a TreadLightly Membership & Chrysler gave me a Control #, for my Affiliates discount

Before i order, i need to know some things, like:
What is the Protection Group ?
Convenience Group ?
Other Groups ?

I know I will not be getting the Tow Group, as i don't want/need tow mirrors, i just want the Brake Controller & Class 4 Hitch Receiver & Power Heated regular mirrors

I will be getting a Quad Cab with the plastic front bumper
I will be getting the 8.4AN radio & the best speaker system
Bucket Seats w/ full floor console
20" non chromed aluminum wheels
3.0 Eco-Diesel w/ 8 speed & the highest ratio rear end available, ( 3.21 preferred ) w/ LSD
Fold Flat Floor
Parkview Camera
Parksense sensors front & rear

Exterior Color from the factory doesn't matter, i will be getting a paint job very soon after purchase, either Copperhead Orange Pearl, Sunburst Orange Pearl, or Grabber Orange

Line-X spray in liner from a local dealer

I prefer a gray cloth interior
I have not yet decided on a hard bed box cover, choices are limited when you have a headache rack mounted

Just like my 2009, i will hate cutting a hole through the roof for a CB antenna,
i will be modifying the full floor console for the CB radio,
drilling holes in the bed box for electrical plugs, headache rack, & 8 more holes to fasten down both the very large toolbox & for the auxiliary 30 gallon fuel tank

I can almost see those of you that are reading this wincing & frowning at the modifications, but my truck is my income, i am just a person doing the driving
:LOL:

#21 ·
Damn site is still for the 2014 Ram :(

It looks like i will have to get the 1500 QC Bighorn, 3.0 eco diesel, 8 speed, 3.55 w/ LSD, 6'4" bed, cloth bucket seats,
Start & Security Group, Luxury Group, i still don't know what the comfort group is

I will have to add the 8.4AN radio & 9 speaker system
Brake Controller & Class 4 hitch receiver
Plastic front bumper

The site won't let me add those parts

I am looking at least $36,000
I paid $34,000 for my 2009 & it has everything that i want/need before the MODS

It was mentioned that the 2015 Ram Pickup Buyers Guide Brochure should be out next month
I may just wait until that is up online

#23 ·
Not sure if this is the same in the US, but here is what the Convenience Group includes:
- SmartBeam Headlamps
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Rain Sensitive Windshield Wiper
- Keyless Enter 'N Go w/ Passive Entry

THIS OPTION FEATURES:
Auto high-beam headlamps: Auto high-beam headlights automatically dip a vehicle's headlamps to the low beams when a sensor detects the headlights of an oncoming vehicle.

Proximity key with keyless entry and ignition: A proximity key with keyless entry and ignition allows the driver to unlock the vehicle by approaching it and/or touching the door handle. A key fob or keycard carried by the driver identifies the person to the vehicle. The driver is then able to start the engine by twisting the ignition switch, pressing a button, or touching a select portion of the vehicle's interior.

Rain detecting wipers: Rain detecting wipers use an infrared sensor to measure the intensity of the moisture hitting the windshield and adjust the wiper speed accordingly.

#26 ·
Well, i won't be needing the Comfort Group w/ Heated Steering Wheel or Seats, i don't even wear or own a heavy coat where i live

I don't want the Convenience Group either, the Smart Beam headlights would be ok
I would not want the other things
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
Keyless Enter 'N Go w/ Passive Entry

this would be bad where i live
Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers, it is so dusty around here, that the glass would be scratched within a month. We only get light mists 10 months of the year. Just enough wetness to stir the dust on the paint & glass

Thanks for the information guys :)

#27 ·
Congrats on your new ECO Diesel. I can tell you from personal experience that your going to love it. I've already had two tanks of Diesel that got me over 1000 Kms each. The interior is second to none and that color combo your getting will look awesome. Can't wait to see it, We're going to have to organize a winter get together once you take delivery

:rep:

#29 ·
This isn't helping me stick to my guns on my 2014 CC Sport...... IF they made a Eco Diesel Sport, I'd be all over it!!

#34 ·
If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have chosen the 2-tone Longhorn. These painted bumpers are impossible to keep from getting scratched. I should have went with chrome bumpers as much as I despise chrome or the Limited if it would have been available when I ordered my Longhorn.

#38 ·
My front painted bumper has a couple stone chips in it. If I was doing it over I would have it 3m wrapped to protect it.

Andrew what's the plan with new truck? Lift it up again or something new this time?
Good point on the 3M
Not sure on direction I'll take. I ordered air suspension to slow down the need/want to lift. Lol
But possibly looking at rocking the SRT 10 wheels or have a street truck for a year and see if my itch to lift is still there.

If forced myself in this hole as its coilover lift kit or nothing :smileup:

Do you work off commission?! :LOL:
On trucks? No
Lifts? Yes

LOL

#47 ·
My math has a lot to do with logic
My Ram is also my main income source

MY '09 HEMI QC powered Ram 1500 will have 120,000 miles on it in 600 miles, it never gets over 17.4 MPG because of the weight in the bed

A 2015 Ram Eco-Diesel powered QC should get 25 - 27 MPG, with the exact same weight in the bed

My truck is used for both work & pleasure
i am only its driver when i am working, i just steer it when & where i am told by the semi truck driver that i am working with & every once in a while the Highway Patrol may give me some input, but even then, the truck driver is mostly in charge

This truck load required that the Highway Patrol be working with us, it was 25' wide & we had to travel 56 miles on a 2 lane road to get to the gold mine

This load was only 15' 8" wide & did not require Highway Patrol, we traveled on a 4 lane road

#49 ·
There is.
The air suspension module can be unplugged (as per Leon another member) it's set and get the wheels aligned.
The vehicle will warn every start up of malfunctioned air suspension, but that's it. Again as per Leon.
But I agree on the programmer and being able to leave it, but the alignment will be the issue as the wheels are not aligned at the heights set

I was thinking of maybe trying this if I don't like the gap with the SRT and 285/50/22 rubber
Will probably rock them in gun metal or Polish. Haven't decided.

#52 ·
The ride on my ED with the air suspension is so smooth and refined. I Love the auto levelling feature and aero mode at highway speeds. This thing does not lack power and gets amazing milage comparable to much smaller vehicles. Just do the trade and you won't be sorry. I just needed that push :LOL:

#53 ·
Sounds very nice, except I would have to skip the air suspension so I could lift it. Took the first step and reached out to a dealership in ID that is talked about a lot on here :smileup:

Local dealerships just don't have any stock of Eco's (which is to be expected) and most give me the deer in headlights look as I tell them what I want to change about a potential vehicle order. Guess we'll just wait it out and see what happens!

#57 · (Edited)
I've seen this thread title pop up over the last few days and didn't bother to look who had posted it :doh:

Congrats on the order Andrew! Looking forward to seeing this one; should be a super nice truck. I just saw a video posted by Rollin' Smoke Diesel last week of a deleted EcoDiesel. So we'll soon find out if they've actuslly got it figured out or if they're running into issues. It would definitely be nice to get that emissions stuff off of there sooner rather than later.

Honestly I'm surprised you went with the air suspension. I figured you'd want regular suspension to be able to lift it or lower it depending on the look you're going for. The wheel to wheel side steps surprise me too to be honest.

I like the colour combo you went with. I wasn't a fan of the cattle brown/black interior at first but it's definitely grown on me. I still don't think I would buy it over the all black limited interior but I do still like it. It would be my second choice for sure.

#58 ·
Yea, saw that video too!
As for air suspension I figured it would buy me time in lifting it. Plus if I lifted again, I'd do it right this time around and actually go with coilovers as well. Wheel to wheel steps I liked as it looks good stock and easily resealable down the road.
All things were done for a reason ;)

Cattle tan/Black was hands down my choice. Nothing came closeive had black interior in my previous ram, I have black in my current daily driver but always wanted the cattletan/baseball glove interior. I also wanted the metal bumper over plastic.
My taste has changed since my last ram, but time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.