DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Hood deflector on sport with sport hood..

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  bubba33 
#1 ·
Wonder if anyone could post a pic if you got one on a sport hood. I have never put one of these on any of my vehicles but would like to protect the hood a bit. What do you guys think about these deflectors? I was thinking of getting the avs version.

#4 ·
I'm a little confused with the avs 25045. Some show it covering the grill part but others mention on amazon that it covers a bit of the headlight as well. So the picture isn't correct. Which version did you get? Here is a link to the one that covers the headlight http://www.ebay.com/itm/380743624581?redirect=mobile
Do you guys have the sport hood?

#5 · (Edited)
i've found, while looking extensively for a shield, the pictures do not always depict the actual item. i've found some that show it covering the lights but are only the center section and some that show just the center section but have the brows that cover the lights too....best advice is if you have a question about it, call or e-mail the vendor. most are pretty quick to respond. realtruck.com shows it as a center section only... http://www.realtruck.com/avs-bugflector-ii-bug-shield/25045.html

#8 ·
Just put the avs 25045 on, looks pretty good!

Attachments

#10 ·
I've never been a fan of them but I really like the styling of this one. You can't even see it when driving. Just wanted to add that in the instructions your supposed to take the rubber hood trim off. I have read that people left it on. I left mine on as well but I have to slam the hood shut now to close it. That rubber piece is pushing the deflector down a bit and hits the top of the grill. It even put a little chip in the paint but you would only see that if the hood was up. I may remove the rubber piece.

#11 ·
You should probably take the rubber strip off. I took it off mine and it fits great and hood closes the same, no slamming it to close.

#12 ·
I don't have a picture readily available but I went the body colored bug shield from Mopar. It matched the color of the truck and you don't notice that it is there unless you really are looking. Yes I have the Sport Hood on my truck and I think it looks great.

#13 ·
Ya I think I will take it off today. Would I be able to re-install the rubber trim later if I wanted to?
Color matching deflector sounds pretty nice are you able to post a pic when you get a chance? How much did that run u? I kinda like the smoke matches my window visors and other black accents.

#16 ·
AVS Aeroskin works on the sport hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.