DODGE RAM FORUM banner

AVS Low Profile In-Channel Vent Visors

16K views 48 replies 35 participants last post by  chilliin 
#1 ·
I ordered AVS Low Profile Vent Visors (Part# 994004) from our sponsor Auto Anything on 9/05 and they arrived today. I think they look great and are easy to install once you figure them out. I'll attach a few pics of my install to hopefully help those scratching their heads.

First thing is to use the provided scratch pad and alcohol pads and prep the inside of the window. Make sure the tab on the front of the window visors goes OUTSIDE the window and it is mounted between the rubber seal and the plastic housing for the mirror.

Once the tab is in place, simply move the rest of the visor into place and stick to the inside of the window channel. I held it in place for a few moments and then put my window up. Per the instructions, I will leave the windows up for 24 hours while the pressure of the window helps set the visor in place. Notice that the tab is on the outside and the plastic bends/rotates/twist in to assist in mounting the rest of the visor INSIDE the window channel.

Here are a few photos of the final products....

See less See more
#8 ·
Benny, I debated the same thing for awhile however I went ahead and made the order- don't regret it one bit. I always found myself wanting to crack the windows in the rain or when I was parked on a gravel lot, however didn't want any crap getting inside the truck... solved that problem without having the typical bulky look of the older style window visors. If you're near central MO, you're welcome to come look at them in person....

#7 ·
I cannot say if anyone has had issues long term, however the few test runs I did yesterday did not have any issues with the auto up feature.

#9 ·
Ive been debating on buying these for a while but I always wanted to see a picture on an actual Ram first.

Thanks for bringing this thread to life!

#10 ·
Rep points always welcomed!!!! :smileup:

Make sure if you spring for these that you check out our sponsor Auto Anything- They provide discounts for Z members and they are great dudes. Super fast shipping as well!

#11 ·
I just installed the regular in channel visors but man do those low profile ones look good and seem more well engineered especially how they go in between the mirror cap and rubber seal. nice addition to your truck!

#13 ·
#16 ·
I suppose if I should be trying to look at an airplane or helicopter overhead I'd notice a loss of visibility, however they stay tucked up and out of the way when I'm looking at things out in front of me on the roadway.

If you want difference angles or shots, I'd be more then happy to add them to the thread- just let me know what you guys would like to see.

#20 ·
:smileup: That's what we're all here for!

#22 ·
Missouri thanks for the write up and pics! (Rep point added :))

Question - You titled this thread saying the visors are "In Channel" but on the autoanything link you provided (thanks for that too) their "Features" description makes a point to say they are NOT in-channel.

I am not sure what the difference between in channel and not are, still have some reading to do.

Can you clear up if yours are "in-channel" or not?

Just want to make sure I order the right thing.

Thanks!

#23 ·
Yes, these are most certainly in channel. The only piece that does not stay in the window channel is the front tab that is mounted between the mirror cap and the weather seal- those photos are included in my first post.

#24 ·
Nice job on the infoe and details. Can anyone say if they are quieter than the stick on's? I have the stick on's and debating if I should change over but I need to know they are quieter. Rep points are in order.

#25 ·
Got my Slim Visors today! Cant wait to install them!

#27 ·
They do not increase noise, however I have not noticed a decrease either. I mostly use my side windows only when the vehicle is parked to help vent the truck and avoid heat build up and moisture from forming in/on the windows. They work very well and I've had no issues with them since installation.

I am not sure you'll truly be able to obtain what your after without adding sound mats (much like what stereo gurus use) to help insulate and reduce noise. Then again, a lot depends on the variables you can't control. If the wind is pushing on the windshield and A pillar of the vehicle, you're not going to reduce the wind buffeting unless you change the angles of the vehicle. Likewise, a crosswind is going to hit the side of the vehicle and again, without a vehicle design change, no visor to my knowledge is going to reduce the buffeting effect you want to eliminate. Sound mats may reduce the road noise and other ambient sounds around the vehicle, but I do not believe you'll reduce the "noise" you hear around the windows without insulating or removing them all together.

#30 ·
I was interested in these but $99 for 4 piece of plastic just irks me.

That said, perhaps its because I went with cloth seats, but it didn't seem like the cabin built up as much heat as other vehicles. Grey interior cloth bucket seats. in fact, I think my Ac was only on for 10 days the entire summer.

Perhaps that is why I don't feel the heat build up sa much as the other cars black leather interior. And maybe why I can stomach paying $99!!

#36 ·
The ones I have are in-channel, however are held on by tape on the inside channel of the window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.