DODGE RAM FORUM banner

hemifever tunning ?

8K views 44 replies 25 participants last post by  highrpms 
#1 ·
Well , I think it is time for the hemifever tuning upgrade to my diablo sport programmer . I have been talking with Sean and sounds like I should see some noticeable improvements . I was curious if anyone else has done this and if the results were noticeable .

#39 ·
https://www.diablosport.com/products/intune-dcx.html#content-tabs

On DS website, why do they have an 87 octane tune, a 91 octane tune and a 93 octane tune, but no 89 octane tune?

This is strange since the recommended fuel for the Hemi V8 is 89 Octane.
So why have a tune on 87 Octane. Putting 2 octane point lower fuel in (which even in stock mode will drop you 3-5 hp, then tune that.

Why not tune the octane the factory recommends for this truck?

Further, how is it that the tune for 91 Octane only gets 3 hp more than the tune for 87 Octane, and LESS torque? How is that possible. Put gas in with 4 octane points lower rating, get only 3 less hp but get 7 ft-lbs of torque more?

This is strange to me.
Anybody ever inquire about this with Diablosport?

#40 ·
I received on Saturday morning new updated tunes from Sean over at HemiFever with more torque management removed. I loaded in the 89 octane tune that morning and drove my daughter across town (approx. 35 miles) to her softball practice, and didn't notice that much difference. While she was at practice, it dawned on me that I didn't have my throttle boost dialed up like I did before I loaded the new tune. So I went back and tried to make the quick adjustment. Well, $330 later for a tow bill, and prayers that my warranty isn't denied to turn my brick back into my truck that I love dearly.

#42 ·
HemiFever sets throttle boost at 20% in his tunes, but on the tuner it shows as 0%

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.