DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Cutting hood scoops

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  10txram 
#1 ·
Well after racing a prelude the other day I've been getting a lot of crap from ricers at my school about the hood scoops being just show. Ironic huh? Anyways I was wondering if anybody had drilled out the holes in the scoops and cut the hood liner so that the scoops would be functional and if it helped any?

#2 ·
And your worried about this because ricers are talkin' trash!?
You can't even compare a ricer to a RAM!!

Reactions: Rec 26
#7 ·
I'd focus on doing other mods vs. worrying about a functional hood scoop. To get any real benefit from a functional hood scoop is if you're going to bee doing a true ram-air setup. That's not available as of now for 09's+ to my knowledge.

#8 ·
Agreed, if you want to get the best out of your truck, do the other mods first. Cutting the scoops out will only help reduce underhood temps, not put more air to your airbox/CAI UNLESS you've got a ram-air set up, and like killerbee, I don't believe there's one for the 4th gen yet. Besides, the ram air only works at speed anyhow, and not really in the power category.

My set up doesn't give me any extra get up and go, but it does give me better top end power when I'm over 80km/hr when it's actually pushing enough air in to make any difference.

Have you told them that you could haul the ricers around, or even better, just drive over the curb onto a grassy patch and dare them to follow you. :LOL:

#9 ·
That's what I was wondering not necessarily more air, but a heat extraction type thing like the srt10 hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.