DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2013 Ram R/T 4 and 6 inch drop project.....

17K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  TriSum 
#1 ·
Traded in my 2012 R/T for a 2013 and its about to go under the knife it has about 150 miles on it so far... Will have completed pics hopefully this weekend to share....

#3 ·
Thanks so far all I can tell is the lower control arms are different cast out of aluminum everything else looks the same. My truck came with the XZN code (raised ride height) not sure what that means exactly but it will be lowered ride height when im done...:thk:

#11 ·
Ok its completed it was difficult but looks awesome I was able to use the 2" drop spindles with the aluminum control arms. However they will not work just bolt on. You will have to machine or grind out the area in front of the lower ball joint. And then comes the next problem the coil spring its shorter from the factory laying it against the 2" drop coil they were the same length. So I had to cut it a half coil at a time till I got the appropriate drop can you say pain in the a$$.. I have pics of the install and finish stance however my work computer will not let me use photobucket so it will be later today before I can post pics. so 2013 guys be prepared the front sucks the back same as 09 and up... project complete.....:smileup:

#20 ·
One more note the body wiring harness pushes against the driver side fender shield right above the tire. I almost rubbed thru from my tire hitting the frender liner I could see wire strands. So tie the wire up its right behind the battery one day I will make a bracket for it but its good for now...

#24 ·
Looks Awesome ! Great job.

These trucks need a little rake. They seem to sit either too level or little nose up from the factory.

I wrapped up the drop on my 2012 Crew Cab yesterday afternoon.. Will start a new thread regarding.. I am sitting about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch higher than yours. Love it !

#26 ·
I put 2" drop spindles in the front and 2" drop coils from mcgaughys but I not thinking cut a half coil off my 2" drop coils (working late at night) when I shouldnt have in truth I didnt need to cut my front coils.. The rear is just the 4" coils with 4 coils cut the 2012 I noticed a little difference in the placement of the axle side to side but the 2013 its hardly noticeable not sure what the difference is but I had a rambox on the 2012...

#29 ·
You cut 4 coils out of a 4" drop spring?! My front is the same height but my rear is still 4" drop, too much rake but man 4 coils is a lot, even w helper bags to carry the load I pull w boats.

#36 ·
Looks good, its sitting low in the front, a little low for me but to each his own.
I have the crew but seeing all these RCSB dropped makes me want to go buy antoher one and and just fix it up and leave the CCSB like it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.