DODGE RAM FORUM banner

My truck

2K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Quiet Lunatic 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Ah ha, there they are, lol! Very nice, thanks for sharing!!! :) Love the color!

- Cajun :pepper:

#4 ·
Yeah, and I'd like to see if there's possibly a vid accompanying the last one? ;)

#8 ·
Now that is a very interesting way of going about that, and you achieve pretty much the same results?

#9 · (Edited)
It gets the coldest air available at the fog light hole. Sometimes I can feel the ram effect come in around 55 mph. My modification uses a plastic drain hose coupler that steps from 5 inches to 4 inches like a funnel sticking out from an open fog light hole bezel...the kind you use when you have a fog light. The other one has the 3 bars across it like in the one photo. In the behind the bumper photo of the tube that is the same plastic coupler the tube is connected to on the inside of the bezel. I think moving the coupler to the outside is giving better flow. It looks kinda funny with that nozzle sticking out, but it works. I'll post up a pic as soon as I can.

I just realized I didn't put up the behind the bumper pic...so here it is:

#27 ·
My next experiment is adding a larger funnel to the existing black plastic coupler. I inserted the coupler onto a different landscaping coupler that steps down from 7 inches to 5 inches. I did a little trimming to make the leading edge of it better. The smaller coupler steps down from 5 inches to 4 inches for the 4 inch tube. This setup will cause the funnel to stick out even further where the good air is. I don't know if it will look too funky for the street or not. It may be for the drag strip only. But I can swap funnels very easily. That's one of the beauties of this...easily changeable and easily removable. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.