DODGE RAM FORUM banner

wheeling your stock '13 ram??

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  1stRAM2012 
#1 ·
has anyone gone off road in their stock Ram? IE not lifted and stuff like that? im just curious how it handles...does it fare pretty well without being lifted? i have trails i ride on here in my old truck but wanna know how this one will do. thanks!! btw....pics always help!! lol maybe this can be a wheeling thread for all our '13's? not just non lifted trucks like my post requests lol

#2 ·
I took mine before i even go plates on her. She did pretty well where i went their was only one spot clearance was a hiccup. as far as mud i dont know. Cali lacks in that are but went up some steep sandy hills with little to no slip. i would reccomend atleast at 2 in level kit so you can fit 35's under their so you dont have to worry about mud or sharp rocks

Attachments

#4 ·
I take my 2012 Tradesman off road every weekend. Make sure you turn off the traction control if you go thru a mud hole! I didn't and damn near got stuck, went to gas it and it just feel on it's face! If I'd have turned it off before hand it would have went right thru that little mud hole.:LOL:

#7 ·
I took my stock sport out and hit the trails and some decent mudd holes... it actually did very well. It suprised me. I went places a 3in lift 2000 model ram with all terrains got stuck and these trucks flex very well. I cant wait to get my rough country 2.5 feont and 1.75 rear lift and 35s and see what she will do! 4 low and no traction control works awesome even with these piece of junk goodyears

#9 ·
Beautiful pics 1stRam2012! If you go out again, unhook or remove your sway bars next time and see how you like the articulation then. You'll probably fall in love even more with your truck! Hahaha!

#11 ·
Yeah I have the same problem here in BC. I bent my bumper a bit on a rock going around some cross ditches. A level and bigger tires should be good enough for most trails.

I had it sunk pretty deep in mud the first weekend I had it. Someone got stuck and asked for a pull. I got them out no problem (traction control off w/ 4 Low).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.