DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Leveled with Trail Graps 295/60r20

38K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  Ryank 
#1 ·
So I finally got around to getting my 2.5" HBS level done last week and today the tire shop got my tires mounted up. I went with 295/60r20 Trail Graps. I have some slight rubbing at full lock on my sway bar. This is on a Big Horn 20x8 +19mm Chrome Clad.

It turned out really good (IMO) and I'm happy with the outcome. A couple of observations so far:

These tires are huge. I have def lost some power. I could tell immediately. I suspect my 15.4mpg will go to 14mpg. There is much more of a hum noise while going down the road. Not too bad but much more than factory.

I expected all of these things (except the rubbing) so it is what I thought it would be. :)

Here's a few pictures:

See less See more
#4 ·
Sweet as honey dude.

#7 ·
285 is about as big as u can go on stock wheels without rubbing.

that's why u have rubbing with 295....

so to be expected

#8 ·
Thanks MrSmith. I appreciate the compliments.

gonefishing - Yeah no one (not many) makes a 285 except BFGs. I was on the fence big time about getting those but wanted something more aggressive. I would have bought Duratracs too if they weren't so limited in sizes for 20s.

In the end I got exactly what I wanted. These trail grapplers are beastly!! I haven't rubbed the sway bar yet and I've made some pretty tight turns so I do believe the tire shop guy about only being at full lock. I can live with it.

Looking at the truck a little longer, I now really wish I had a 4" lift. LOL. Figures right?? I have issues. My JK was completely rigged out and I sold it. One project after another. :4-dontknow:

#17 ·
Wow that really looks nice.. It's crazy how much the look of a truck changes with just some bad ass tires

#19 ·
His kit is a 2.5" Hell Bent Steel kit that he bought from me. lol. But you can buy it brand new from Hell Bent Steel for a pretty decent price as well. If you want to stay on the cheaper side of things the Hell Bent Steel spacers are fine. If you want to upgrade, get a better ride quality and be easier on your front end parts then you want to go with the Bilsteins 5100 adjustable front struts.

#25 ·
For 1/4" spacers they're pretty much all going to be the same. Rough Country makes them, not sure how much they are. BORA is a great brand for spacers but I think they focus more on large spacers rather than smaller 1/4" ones. Contact the guys at Bully's Performance (sales@bullysperformance.com). Tell them what you're looking for and that you're a forum member and they'll find you exactly what you need for the best price around.

#31 ·
Power loss isn't really that bad, or i don't notice now. The MPG hit is pretty tough. My electronic fuel estimate went from 15.4 to 11.7 now. It is worse than I expected. I don't drive a lot though (10k after a year) so it doesn't bother me.

I will probably go 285 BFG ATs next time. The trail grapps look incredible but i think the AT will be a little more functional.

Good luck choosing. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.