DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Luxury Laramie Edition

90K views 745 replies 57 participants last post by  Arth 
#1 ·
Hello all! Welcome to my build page (well, building page). LOL

My goal with my new rig is to chrome it out to be the best damn looking Laramie in the Basin (live just south of SLC).

This is her window sticker:
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Mineral Gray Metallic
Dark Slate Gray
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Shift Lever
Heated Second Row Seats

5.7L V8 HEMI (Love this part!!)
6 Speed Automatic

Standard Equipment
Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
Security Alarm
Trailer Tow Wiring w/4 pin Connector
7-Pin Harness
HD Engine Cooling
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Supplemental Side-Curtain Front & Rear Airbags
TPMS Display
Remote Entry
Electric Shift on Demand Transfer Case
Parkview Back up Camera

Interior
Second-Row In-Floor Storage
AC w/Dual Zone Control
730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Alpine Surround w/9 Speakers & Subwoof
Heated Front Seats
10-way Pwr Driver w/Memory & 6-Way Pwr Pass
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Memory for Radio, Driver's Seat, Mirrors & Pedals
Heated Steering Wheel (very nice feature! no more gloves!)
Wood Grain Instrument Panel Accent
Deluxe Door Trim Panel
SiriusXM Travel Link/1Yr Sub
SiriusXM Sat Radio/1Yr Sub
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
40GB Hard Drive with 20GB Available
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls (a must have)
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat (This is NOT true.. they only flip up.. they DO NOT fold down! :4-angermax:)
Power Lumbar Adjust
115V Aux Power Outlet
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Sun Visors w/Illuminated Mirrors
Rear Power Sliding Window

Exterior
20inx9in Aluminum Chrome-Clad Wheels
Dual Rear Exhaust
Lower Two Tone Paint
Bright Grille
Body Color/Chrome Door Handles
Accent Fender Flares
Halogen Quad Headlamps
Fog Lamps
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
Power Multi-Function Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires

Optional Equipment (the fun starts here!)
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Auto Shift Lever
Heated Second-Row Seats
Ventilated Front Seats (woo baby.. up the neder regions! :SHOCKED:)
Customer Preferred Package 25H
Protection Group
Tow Hooks
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Monotone Paint (had to have this.. trade in was two tone..not a fan anymore)
Body-Color Fender Flares
Front and Rear Rubber/Slush Floor Mats
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Power Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Power Sunroof
Chrome Tubular Side Steps by Mopar
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
Remote Start System (omg.. the best!)
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Brake Control

More pictures to come!

Attachments

See less See more
#257 ·
ahh well that make sense :smileup:

#260 ·
Amber in the clear housing mounted on chrome surrounds..
I had been contemplating the switchbacks for my turn signals.. wanted to remove the only amber on the front of the truck.. but decided against them when I purchased the cab lights since they are amber too.. so now, in theory, my truck will appear more balanced as far as the exterior lighting is concerned.

#261 ·
yup! I think it'll look fantastic

#262 ·
Thanks! :D Me too! LOL

The waiting is driving me insane! Normally, I am the one doing the mod and therefor I am busy so it doesn't drive me bonkers. This.. this is a new category of impatience! Thanks you guys for keeping me busy and preoccupied! Best case scenario, I'll get a call in the next hour that she's done and they'll send their courtesy van to come get me.. worse case I've got another 2.5 hours to wait. :SHOCKED:

Thinking I may put in the extended version of Lord of the Rings.. reciting all the dialog in its entirety will most certainly keep me occupied.. perhaps.. :i_rolleyes:

#264 ·
New Recons!!!

I now have MORE LIGHTS!!! Mwaaahaaahaaaa!

My dealer's body shop did a superb job, at least I think so. They only charged me for four hours of labor. They had the truck for a little over five hours.. they explained this as being the last hour was used for washing and cleaning both inside and out. Let me tell you.. they did more than that.. looks like they detailed the entire truck! I am OCD and even *I* haven't ever had it this clean!!

Some day pics..

Night shots to follow after sun down! :)

#265 ·
whoooooooooooo hooooooooooo

that looks flippin awesome!!!!!!!!
congrats :)

you should submit the first one to the calendar

#266 ·
Thanks! :D I LOVE 'em! Can't wait to see them tonight!

Submit it to what calendar?
It's not a very good shot.. just parked in front of my dealer's body shop.. which happens to be undergoing an exterior renovation.. lol.. hence all the scaffolding..

#267 ·
no but it's a sweet pic

there is a submission thread for the 2014 ramforumz calendar. it's open for two submission per member then in October we vote for 12 and they make a calendar! search for it "2014 calendar" you'll see my pics in there

#268 ·
I see why I am going to do this mod now!! The tow mirrors really help make this look right on your truck. Coming from a heavy duty truck myself I guess on my first orange truck it didn't feel just right with the regular mirrors.

Since I just recently acquired a tow mirror for $.99 I need to find another.

Looks real good! :smileup:

Edit: Hope you don't mind the thread jack but here is what my truck looks like at night/my light theme!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJxxHSCd_P0

#269 ·
Thanks for the calendar idea! Might just have to go hunting up in my local mountains or down on the desert to find some good photo ops ;)

Arth:

Thanks and OMG! :wow:
I love, love, LOVE your big rig running board lights! (And even my husband agrees too!) We are both wondering... which set did you get (with or without the courtesy light option)? And.. how and to where did you wire them? I did my Recon tailgate bar without much issue (as far the wiring) and am extremely interested in these side light bars!! :D :D

You, my friend, are pure evil. I love it! hehehe

#270 ·
Haha glad to give you both mod ideas. I personally went with the non courtesy light option though I feel that maybe I should have gotten it. There is a pretty decent price difference though.

I ran the wires to the turn signals in the headlights. However I think it would be easier to run them to the mirrors. That being said I don't know which wire does what for the mirrors but I did for the turn signals so that made it easy.

I actually have two of those bigrig light bars on each side. One 62" and one 42"? Mainly because I used two on my heavy duty truck.

#272 ·
Erm.. Partially. I don't have a good picture of it and the weather isn't very nice out but I actually have the 62" up front and half of the 42" behind the first. It works out and looks pretty clean but most just get the 62" and center it.

I honestly just didn't want to undo my wiring and try to sell the 42" from the other truck.

#273 ·
Aha! You're double stacked! And here you had me thinking I needed to buy two sets! LOL j/k .. Good to know.. I shall be bugging the hubby in a few months for this mod.. I just had the level done last Thursday.. and the cab lights done to day.. so I need to cinch my wallet for the next few weeks if I want to have any fun money for our Cancun trip next month.. LOL

#275 ·
That's exactly what I was thinking! LOL!
I decided it was just easiest and the least amount of hassle to have my body shop do it. Besides, I don't thin... know, I *know*, I would never had been able to drill holes in a brand new truck! Better for them to do it!
All in all, this mod cost me $275.54 ($79.86 for the kit & $195.68 for the install). Definitely not too shabby! :D

And here's the night shot I promised! (Sorry, hubby and I got caught up watching Switch Back - excellent movie, btw!)

#276 ·
Great night pic!

looks awesome!

#279 ·
Thanks everyone! I didn't think it was possible, but I am even more proud of my Ram now. :D

Here's the (long ago promised) video of my Recon Xtreme in action.. yeah, I finally got around to it last night as I was already outside to get the cab light pics. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRhPyDFkESQ

#282 ·
:LOL:
Yes, I drive the truck more than my husband.. it is my truck, after all! ;)
And, surprisingly, I am the photographer as well.. I just have a new Canon with almost as many button as my Ram! :i_rolleyes:

hahahaahahhaahaha

that video was pleasantly awkward.

very good demo though :)
I know right! After we watched the video inside, hubby said we should go out and do it again as it makes us both look and sound stupid. I said now what would be the fun in that?! :gy:

#281 ·
hahahaahahhaahaha

that video was pleasantly awkward.

very good demo though :)

#284 ·
Thanks Andrew! I'll tell ya one thing.. I may not be able to see my light bar in action while driving, but wow is my backup camera view illuminated QUITE nicely! :D

#288 ·
So.. just educated myself on Gatty...

Not so sure if I should go..
On one hand, I can afford the time and the gas and the hotels..
On the other hand, I would have to sell my hubby on it and I wouldn't think my truck would be welcome as it just isn't nearly as tricked out as most others who posted their registrations.
Just not sold on the idea myself that it would be a good idea.

Don't get me wrong.. I would love the opportunity to meet (what seems like) 85% of the forum members - you all seem to live on the eastern seaboard - but I am not planning on doing nearly s much to my Ram as y'all.. so I feel (perhaps incorrectly) that I, and my Ram, would be out of place..

I dunno... just ranting in the middle of the night... like usual.. lol

Would there be a trophy for the Rams who travel the furthest to show up? If that's the case, Matt (I believe is his name) from Alaska and I would be front runners on that.. LOL

#289 ·
Holy crap... just looked up Mapquest directions for driving from my driveway to the hotel parking lot...

27 hrs 39 mins / 1788.75 miles

And that's only one way! :LOL:

#290 ·
Tricked out enough?? Are you kidding?? You think my ram is tricked out?

Gatty and other meets like it are just for people to meet up and yes show off their rides but for the Z it is an opportunity to meet a lot of the people we chat with here.

I was planning on going myself but my plans were changed so I can only hope for another meet or maybe next year. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.