DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Luxury Laramie Edition

90K views 745 replies 57 participants last post by  Arth 
#1 ·
Hello all! Welcome to my build page (well, building page). LOL

My goal with my new rig is to chrome it out to be the best damn looking Laramie in the Basin (live just south of SLC).

This is her window sticker:
Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
Mineral Gray Metallic
Dark Slate Gray
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Shift Lever
Heated Second Row Seats

5.7L V8 HEMI (Love this part!!)
6 Speed Automatic

Standard Equipment
Power Adjustable Pedals w/Memory
Security Alarm
Trailer Tow Wiring w/4 pin Connector
7-Pin Harness
HD Engine Cooling
Advanced Multistage Front Airbags
Supplemental Side-Curtain Front & Rear Airbags
TPMS Display
Remote Entry
Electric Shift on Demand Transfer Case
Parkview Back up Camera

Interior
Second-Row In-Floor Storage
AC w/Dual Zone Control
730N SAT/CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Alpine Surround w/9 Speakers & Subwoof
Heated Front Seats
10-way Pwr Driver w/Memory & 6-Way Pwr Pass
Front Center Seat Cushion Storage
Memory for Radio, Driver's Seat, Mirrors & Pedals
Heated Steering Wheel (very nice feature! no more gloves!)
Wood Grain Instrument Panel Accent
Deluxe Door Trim Panel
SiriusXM Travel Link/1Yr Sub
SiriusXM Sat Radio/1Yr Sub
Uconnect Voice Command w/Bluetooth
40GB Hard Drive with 20GB Available
Steering Wheel-Mounted Audio Controls (a must have)
Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat (This is NOT true.. they only flip up.. they DO NOT fold down! :4-angermax:)
Power Lumbar Adjust
115V Aux Power Outlet
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Sun Visors w/Illuminated Mirrors
Rear Power Sliding Window

Exterior
20inx9in Aluminum Chrome-Clad Wheels
Dual Rear Exhaust
Lower Two Tone Paint
Bright Grille
Body Color/Chrome Door Handles
Accent Fender Flares
Halogen Quad Headlamps
Fog Lamps
Chrome Exterior Mirrors
Power Multi-Function Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
P275/60R20 BSW All Season Tires

Optional Equipment (the fun starts here!)
Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
Floor-Mounted Auto Shift Lever
Heated Second-Row Seats
Ventilated Front Seats (woo baby.. up the neder regions! :SHOCKED:)
Customer Preferred Package 25H
Protection Group
Tow Hooks
Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
Front Suspension Skid Plate
Monotone Paint (had to have this.. trade in was two tone..not a fan anymore)
Body-Color Fender Flares
Front and Rear Rubber/Slush Floor Mats
3.92 Rear Axle Ratio
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Power Chrome Trailer Tow Mirrors w/Manual Fold-Away
Power Sunroof
Chrome Tubular Side Steps by Mopar
P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires
Remote Start System (omg.. the best!)
Class IV Receiver Hitch
Trailer Brake Control

More pictures to come!

Attachments

See less See more
#225 ·
Leveling kit looks good!

Defiantly will be watching for the cab lights. I have been on the fence with this mod and I now have two trucks to compare with to see before and after. I shall be waiting to see how it all turns out!

I say it's a go with the 2013 stacked badges! I personally just took the "1500" part and measured them myself to make it work...well I used my pinky anyways. :gy:

#230 ·
Thanks Arth! I agree.. couldn't be happier.. it's like driving a brand new truck all over again! lol

If you have installed cab lights in the past, then why would it even be a question for you to install them on your current rig?? You liked them, yes? Then why not just do it! :p

I do like the stacked 2013 badges! I just hate how much real estate Dodge decided to take up on our doors for the badges on my 2012.. they are an eye sore to say the least! I have tried to compromise with my hubby.. saying I can buy the 2013 badges and then sell my take-offs and come out pretty close to even. That way, I would get my way where my badges don't take up 3/4 of the doors and he gets his way that they are still there. Win-win if you ask me.

#226 ·
They were straight when the truck had it's factory rake. I just lifted the front by 2" and now they are tilted downward. Makes sense to me.. not everyone buys a Ram and levels the front.. so the factory installs the badges to be level with the rake. I removed the rake, thus I removed the straight line of the badge install..? I will go and get pics right now to try to explain...

#228 ·
Can you see the downward tilt toward the rear? I tried to get the best pic I could.. but it is much more noticeable in person. This may be a simple overlook to others, but I am OCD and this must be made straight again! lol

#229 · (Edited)
no i get what you are saying...i just think it's dumb they do it that way. And i never noticed that it was like that. You'd think the badges would be straight with respect to the vehicle...not to the ground. and even from the pics i cant tell they aren't straight.

it's just strange that's all. i believe you though :)

so what you're telling me is if u measured from the bottom of the window to the "R" in ram... and from the bottom of the window to the last "0" in 1500...they aren't the same distance??? stupid..and I think a crackhead put your truck together :)

#231 ·
I think you may be right about the crackhead...

But I have wanted to debadge since I got her.. so thanks to some crackhead I may win that battle with my hubby now! :)

#234 ·
ya I'm really curious how out of all the people to level their trucks ur the first to notice. makes me think urs is an oddball.

#235 ·
Well, I have been called worse in the past! LOL
Seriously though, I am severely OCD, no lie.. so I notice all these little things.. this is not the first misaligned item I have noticed on my truck...

#236 ·
ya I'd be OCD about it too. I'm still flabbergasted. I really hope someone confirms or denys if that is standard. I give u permission to post a new thread about it :)

#237 ·
Why thanks! lol Perhaps I will.. would be interesting to know if anyone else has noticed and if this is standard operation.. or if I got a fluke.. hmm.. I wonder what day of the week my rig was built.. you always hear about those Monday trucks.. :4-dontknow:

#239 ·
Looking real good. Defiantly think it looks better on your truck than it did mine. I think you sold me on the leveling kit. Haven't seen it on a stock truck in a long time and it looks good! Hopefully my badges won't bug me! :gy:

#240 ·
Here's hoping too! They are driving me insane!

And thanks! I will never own another Ram without the level.. I love the difference too much! Nice to know that, despite my lack of knowledge on most mods, I am able to inspire others. :smileup:

#242 ·
I was going to buy a 2.5" HBS kit.. but then hubby and I got to talking and decided that having a local shop install a TuffCountry kit (which I have not heard anything negative about) that they already had in stock.. turned out to be the same cost as if we had purchased the HBS and had them install that kit.

All in all, we went with the kit the shop sells since they had it in stock, I didn't have any shipping to wait for, cost was the same, and a bonus was the shop warrantied the kit and install. So, we're happy. :)

#243 ·
Plan on taking a trip north to the big city next weekend and getting my front windows tinted to max allowable by law.. was wondering.. I've been reading about 'eyebrow' tint? This is a strip of tint at the top of the windshield, correct? I'm curious, how would this eyebrow tint strip work with my factory windshield that has the Ram head logo high center?

#244 ·
Just dropped my baby off at the body shop to have the Recon cab lights installed.. I know how good she'll look when I get her back this afternoon but.. oh the agony of waiting! And the thought that she's having holes drilled into to her.. ugh. At least the shop guys have experience (I checked) and know what they're doing, so I feel she's in good hands. I thought I wouldn't have any issue with someone else doing this since I knew that I couldn't.. but just knowing what's going on.. it's like leaving your pet at the vet, knowing that it's a routine, everyday thing for the vet techs.. but you go sit at home.. waiting.. feeling like you'll be chewed out by said pet when you pick them up.

Don't mind me! Just mindless ramblings from a RAM owner suffering from separation anxiety!
:LOL:

#245 ·
how much are the cab lights settin you back? I'd love some...but would never tackle the install myself

#246 ·
The kit cost me $95 with free shipping (eBay).. and my dealer's body shop quoted me 4-6 hours for the install.. and their hourly rate is $46. Best case scenario, install will cost me $186 for four hours.

#247 ·
not terrible. not terrible. Can't wait to see them!

#250 ·
lights and level!!!!!!

why do you need headers????????

#251 ·
Yeah, yeah. Most likely tonight ;)

What are JBA headers? And isn't it tax time? Do you really have to limit yourself to just one mod at a time? lol Within the last ten days I've had the level and (soon to be finished) the Recon cab lights installed. Which, btw, thanks Arth for the recommendation! When the kit arrived yesterday, I opened it up and wow.. the chrome/clear is so going to rock on my truck! :D

#252 ·
oh lord... i can assure you headers are not somethin you are going to want/need on your truck KA1OTE.

It's usually for people going performance route..or trying to change some exhaust note. Headers are the piping that lead off your engine and connect to your exhaust pipes (its that path your exhaust fumes travel)

general layout: headers are the leftmost piece with all those tubes running together. (ignore the open cut outs in the diagram)

Reactions: Asur
#254 ·
I mean you HAVE headers...just stock ones :)

guys get longtubes, or shorties depending on their application or desires.

And no problem, I already had that pic on my photobucket from when I was explaining e-cut outs to someone

#255 ·
Oh yeah, I don't doubt that I have stock ones. LOL. Something has to be there for the exhaust to function. But I don't see myself ever modding that particular part of the truck. She sounds good, it works good.. why fix what ain't broke? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.