DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Performance and quiet

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  snrusnak 
#1 ·
Wanting to put an exhaust for performance but don't want it too loud. Had a magnaflow 18" on my 2010 4.7 and th cabin drone was annoying. I want quiet in the cab under normal driving. Also does it help to use one that has dual out?

#2 ·
strange that you say magnaflow has drone. You must have sensitive ears.

get a longer magnaflow muffler. like 24" or whatever the longest one the have is. 18" is supposed to be one of their "louder" ones. the longer you go, the closer to stock it'll sound

#3 ·
Maganflow 16869 is what you want.

There's a review in my signature.

HERE is a link to a great price; a lot less than what I paid.

However, before you purchase, contact the good folks at Bully's Performance [a respected Forum Vendor] and they'll beat it.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Concur for quite get the longest Magnaflow Muffler that is made for your model. It will be load when you are at full throttle and quiet the rest of the time. Me personally I like it a bit loud.

#6 ·
A 24" muffler (you're talking Magnaflow, right?) will be quieter than the 18", but slightly louder than the stock muffler. Right now, I've got the Y-pipe and my stock muffler and I noticed a little extra kick. Maybe it's all in my head, maybe it's not. Either way, I did it with the intent on getting a new muffler.

#7 ·
Go ahead and check my mods in my signature. My flowmaster American thunder kit is pretty good. Drone is hardly noticable, and people know I'm drivin a truck when I hit the gas heh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.