DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What should I do next?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  012RAMbo 
#1 ·
Whats going on guys, I have a 2012 ram 1500 express crew crab 2WD. My current setup is a CST 4" inch spindle with the 3" inch coils along with CST front shocks. The rear I replaced the 4"inch block CST provides with their 7" kit with a 2.5" TopGunCustomz coil spacer due to the horrible rake i had. I have pro-comp es9000 rear shocks and love them. As you can see I am now level. I have 20x10 Fuel Kranks with a -12 offset wrapped in 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I Have a 1.5 B.O.R.A. hub centric wheel spacer on the rear due to the nature of the CST Spindle pushing out my front track width. I tinted my windows 15% I believe. I Plasti dipped my front and rear and side emblems. I tinted my taillights and 3rd brake light using VHT NiteShades along with some other prepping and polishing supplies. I have Flowmaster super 44 deleted resonators. Now what I need your guys help on is what should i do next? Any suggestions and comments are welcomed. I am considering a 3"inch PA body lift because I wish to go higher than i currently am. I rub on the front when I reverse at full lock with 35's. Also, at my job, we get discounts on anything from 4wheelparts so i can order the 3inch body lift a lot cheaper than normal. along with other parts. I am also considering Bushwacker Fender Flares painted to match. I feel like my truck is "naked" with out. I have thought about headlights but not sure which direction to go weather it be Oracles or HIDS. Would I need to get bigger tires if i got the 3" inch body? Ive heard the 3 PA body looks great on the 4th gen trucks. Sorry about the dirty truck just got back from hitting some light mud holes haha. I understand that if i went with 37s i would have to re-gear, i currently have 3.55. Let me know what y'all think! Im open to suggestions! THANKS!

See less See more
#3 ·
Man that is a good looking truck! I am slowly working my way towards that. Do you have a pic with the 4" rear that cst provides? I am looking at adding to my cst lift and adding tires and wheels as well. How are the 35s with the 3.55? Would you have done it again honestly? I am wanting my truck to look like this, just looking for some advice! Thanks man

#5 · (Edited)

Yeah I do have a pic with the 4"inch block CST provides. For most people I see the 4 inch spindle and the 3inch coil or spacer up front and the 4" block in the rear, they sit perfectly level. I, however was not like that. My truck had a TERRIBLE rake from the factory. The front end looked like it was lowered at times. So unfortunately the 4inch block in the rear still gave me a good 2 inches rake. But for you and most everyone else that might not be the case. Every truck is different. Would you be interested in buying my 4" inch rear block? I still have it and don't really see a use for it. You could also order 3"inch coil springs (like i did) from cst website or performance lifts.com and you would have yourself a 7 inch lift. Oh and to answer you're questions, the 35's aren't all that bad at all with 3.55 gears. Yeah i really like the lift, the spindles are bulletproof man haha. Honestly I probably would do it again if i bought another 2wd. But honestly man, there aren't many lift options out there for us other than i think rough country makes a 2wd lift and CST. Obviously we both already have CST then all you can really do to get more lift is a body lift. But yeah man thanks for the compliment, I like your truck too! get some more lift and throw some meats on there and rims and you'll be riding realllll nice haha

I agree on tinting the headlights/fogs to complete the red/black theme. A 3 inch body lift may be too much with 35's. Have you considered going with the 1.5 inch body lift?
Yeah i have considered it. but I work at Discount Tire so I could sell my current tires, and I just talked to my boss and he said that he would give me a really good deal on whatever tires i need whether it be 37' all-terains or 37 m/ts. Not sure which way to get because i do drive on the street a lot with the occasional off road. The way I look at it is, if i go the 1.5 inch body lift route, I might end up regretting it because i didn't go high enough. If I'm paying the money on the lift and labor i might as well go 3 inch with 37's right?

#4 ·
I agree on tinting the headlights/fogs to complete the red/black theme. A 3 inch body lift may be too much with 35's. Have you considered going with the 1.5 inch body lift?

#6 ·
If you lift further and go with 37's, you don't have to regear. In an ideal world, 4:10 or 4:56 would be great but it's not necessary unless you do a lot of heavy towing. I have 3:55's and 37 trail grapplers. After installing the Diablo Trinity tuner, my mileage is back to stock. It will shift down quicker but I've had no trouble with it. Nice looking truck! Definitely go with the smoked headlights and tail lights!

#7 ·
Thanks for the info gingy. I'm assuming you are still using the extended rear shocks that came with your kit. What would you sell the 4" rear for. I guess it would just be the spacer and track bar drop bracket?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.