DODGE RAM FORUM banner

want to put 295/65/20 on stock 20x9 chrome clads need advice

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  express2012 
#1 ·
I would like to put a 35" tire on my ram I have 20x9 chrome clads the nitto grappler 295/65/20 is the tire i would like to go with it measurse 35.4x12.13 on a 8.5 wheel i really like my factory wheel which along with the cost is stopping me from going tire/wheel set up with different offset. rcx offers a 1/4" wheel spacer which the swear up and down they can get a 35x12.50x20 on factory wheel with level (which i have) and have no vibration, loosening up issues. my question is has anyone fitted these without spacers or have used spacers had or had no issues i appreciatte any feed back thanks

#2 ·
You'll have rub at full lock. 1/4" spacer eliminates it or just don't quite go to full lock.

#3 ·
I think you'll need spacers. At least on my truck, the stock size barely clears the rear fender liners. You can actually see rub marks and when I drive in mud then it freezes on the tires, the mud will make a racket till it falls off. I do run 6 mm spacers on the front of my RT Magnum with 275/40/20's and have had no problem, if you end up with spacers, just keep the lug nuts torqued, check em a couple times after fist driving with them. Like you, I really like the 20" CC's, still look new.

#4 ·
You should be good to go with the .250 spacer. Also, take a heat gun to the fender lump and hold it in until it sets and that gets rid of the rubbing issue.

#6 · (Edited)
I ran those exact tires on my leveled 05 on the stock chrome 20's with no issues or rubbing at all. I do believe the 4th Gen's have less clearance between the back of the tire and the upper A-arm though. I ran with a 2" wheel spacer and without any spacer at all. Just to be on the safe side you could just run the 1/4" spacer to be sure you have no rubbing at all.

Let me see if I can find some pics of my 05 with those tires on it.

Edit: here are some pics with and with out the spacers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.