Pro Comp RAM setup

Please include:
Year/Model :2013 sport 4x4 with 3.55 rear axil
Lift Size pro comp 6" lift
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size 35\12.5\20" Pro Comp extreme AT
Wheel Size: 20" American racing
Other mods: Fender flares, Magnaflow exhaust, tube step. Front windows tint and spray in bedliner

have 2500 miles so far and love this truck. Have slight vibration around 60-65mph coming from the back end. replaced the rear tires and it is still there. Might be something in the suspension but it is really little and I am a little anal. (ok a lot anal) Going to put more miles on it and see if it smooths out.

Girl in this picture is 5'4" to give you a height reference.

Attachments

#7 ·
Please include:
Year/Model 2008 Ram 2500 4x4
Lift Size 6" ProComp
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No. Nope
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No nope
Tire Size 37 x 13.50 x 20
Wheel Size 20"
Pros/Cons ride was very stiff I switched the front springs out with TGZ progressive rate springs and ditched the ES9000 shocks in favor of the ProRunner and have added a dual steering stabilizer with Bilstein shocks on it. I plan on doing a long arm kit to improve the ride even more

#8 ·
@ RGIZZIE- what are your bilsteins set at? i just ordered the pro comp 6in kit, bilsteins, 20x9 XD Addicts with 35x12.50R20 Federal Couragia's

#10 ·
I will just provide my input on this and rgizzie can respond to it as well

When I was running on 35's the highest point on my truck was 82.5"
That is with a 6" RCX, Bilsteins at 1.4 and a 1" rear coil spacer.

On a procomp, 82.5" will be the same if Bilsteins are set to 2.1 as the Pro Comp kit is smaller by 5/8" due to the strut spacer being smaller

So if you are wanting to be less than 82", then I would not recommend putting Bilsteins on your truck.
Just run a standard 6" lift and 35's and you will be ok :smileup:

#11 ·
Thanx Fast! I'm going to have them set at 2.1, I'm getting everything installed on friday so i will upload some pics on saturday for everyone.

#12 ·
So to dumb it down for me. I have exactly a hair less than 7" from the top of my shark fin to the rubber trim on the garage door (another inch to the wood). So if I went from stock (275/60 20 = 33") to 35x12.5x20 under a ProComp 6" w/o Bilsteins I would gain 6" from the lift and 1" from the tires for a total of 7"? Or is a 6" lift not 6"? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just no experience here.

#16 ·
Year/Model 2012 Laramie Longhorn
Lift Size Procomp 6" lift
Bilstein: Bilsteins set at 2.1
Body Lift: No
Tire Size 35x12.5x20 Fuel Mud tires in the pic, but i now have on 35x12.5x20 Toyo all terrains.
Wheel Size 20x12 Fuel Hostages with -12 offset
Pros/Cons Love the lift. No cons yet.

#17 ·
Kelzan...DAMN!! That looks sweet man! Nice choice on all the goods. Any reason you swapped to the AT's? I'm actually looking into those Toyos, if you have a pic with those installed I would like to see them when you get a chance. Thanks. Reps!

#20 ·
Thanks man. I went with the AT's because when i went to do the first tire rotation at 10,000 km, the mud tires were cupped and wore so bad from a bad alignment that i could not use them even on the back. I fought with the alignment shop and the guys that did my lift for awhile before they replaced my tires, so i had to buy new tires while i waited for them. Plus i got a kick ass deal on the Toyo's.

The truck is filthy, lots of snow and muck around here, but i will get you a pic here today or tomorrow.

#19 ·
I've got my lift on order, they said it will be here the Friday after Thanksgiving. So the first week of December it will all be getting installed. I've already got a new set of Fuel Hostage wheels 20x10 in matte black and new set of 35x12.5x20 DynaPro M/Ts to wrap them with. I will certainly post pics of it as soon as it is all done. Oh and the lift is the 6" ProComp with the ProRunner shocks all the way around! STOKED!!!!

#24 ·
Year/Model: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Lift Size: 6"
Bilstein: No
Body Lift: No
Tire Size: 35"
Wheel Size: 20x10
Pros/Cons: too soon to tell, however install was super simple
Any other suspension add-ons: none

and for height reference...

#25 ·
Looks great jsettle! Hoping mine looks like that someday! Reps!

#26 ·
Thank you sir!
Check out my build thread for other pictures of it, including installation. I'll be adding more mods to it soon.

As my wife says..."As men grow up they don't do away with their toys...they just get bigger and more expensive." :LOL:

#35 ·
I've said it before, but that's ^^^^ a seriously beautiful truck!

#37 ·
Nice flex pics Jsettle! That looks awesome. How you liking that lift so far?!

#38 ·
No complaints about it thus far. There's a few noises from the suspension that I haven't addressed yet, I know they're not safety related, just a slight nuisance, not even loud enough to be heard outside the truck over the sound of the motor. One of the noises is from the front transfer case vibrating against the steering rack when at a stop. I had insulated that contact point but once the suspension flexed off-road I guess my insulation fell out lol. Probably going to put it up on a lift at some point this week and see about the other two noises it's making.

#39 ·
Looks really good jsettle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.