DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Added Bilsteins and rear coil spacer (PICS!)

27K views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
I know it's been done before, but more examples never hurt! Bilsteins set to 2.1" with a 1" TopGunCustomz rear coil spacer. I wanted to retain a rake to reduce sag when I haul my bike, and other loads. All 4x4's should have came like this from the factory, IMO.

Also purchased a 1.25" RC body lift that is hopefully going on this weekend!

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks! I tried to do the bilsteins but ended up taking them to the dealer because the lower strut mount bolts were seized in the LCA. I was hoping they could get them out but they couldn't after over 5 hours of trying. I just ended up having them replace the whole control arms, even though Moog makes a replacement bushing. So looking back, I would have just bought the bushings and put them in myself but I already had so much $$ in the install that it would have been a waste to have them put it back together for me to do all of it!

The rear coil spacers were easy, took 2 hours and that was taking my time!

Nice, I loved it after I leveled mine. So much better looking
Thank you sir, means a lot coming from you. You have one of my favorite trucks on the site! :smileup:

#5 ·
looks great -- sucks you had to spend extra money .

#6 ·
looks real good...i bet you cant keep from looking at it

#9 ·
Thanks for all of the compliments everyone, I tell ya, between the lift (even thoough small) and magnaflow, it's like a completely different truck to me!!

Haha I'm finding new reasons to go outside just to look at it! Yesterday I went through the drive-thru THREE times just to see the reflection in the windows and hear the exhaust against the building :LOL::hah::smileup:

#10 · (Edited)
I know it's been done before, but more examples never hurt! Bilsteins set to 2.1" with a 1" TopGunCustomz rear coil spacer. I wanted to retain a rake to reduce sag when I haul my bike, and other loads. All 4x4's should have came like this from the factory, IMO.
Looks great. I plan to run the same setup if my 2013 ever comes in! With 35" Toyo all terrains. I won't do the 1.25" BL though. I agree though our 4x4s should sit that high from the factory. The stock height is only half inch over 2wd. You can't visually tell them apart easily anymore other than the badging.
If you get a chance I'd like to see a photo of the front suspension - mainly the CV angles.

#14 ·
Thanks, I would highly recommend this setup. It looks even better in person. There's also the increased ride quality that the bilsteins give that's a definite bonus! I will get some pictures under the truck sometime this week for you :smileup:

Looks very nice. You gonna put some tires on it?
I'm thinking about it, and probably will want them even more once I put the body lift on, but we just got news that we most likely will be PCS'ing (military) in the next few months so I'll just wait to see what happens with that first.

Looks good man, going to check out that coil spacer myself.
Can't wait till you get some rims and wrap some 35s on her!
Thanks brother, can't wait to see your rig with the spacer, even though it looks SICK already :smiley_thumbs_up:

Was wondering this exact set up
Looks great
Thank you :)
Glad I could help!

#11 ·
Looks very nice. You gonna put some tires on it?

#13 ·
Thank u

Was wondering this exact set up
Looks great
Thank you :)

#17 ·
Well I got the body lift on a little over a week ago and I'm very satisfied with the way she sits. Definitely could use some new tires, and I will most likely put on some 35's this summer. But that said, it doesn't look weird at all in person!

So here's as she sits, 3.5" up front (bilsteins + 1.25 bl) and 2.25" in the rear (1" spacer + bl)

#19 ·
Looks great and like you said the tires aren't out of place with the lift installed. The bigger tires will fill that nicely in the Summer. It actually almost looks like a stock with 17's for spacing.

#21 ·
Hey looks good Gym, I got the same set up as you and on order some 20x10 fuel throttles with 35s. I will post it up with pics when I get them in a week or two so you can check my build out..Like the off road pics too!

#23 ·
LOL right me too fast. But they are ordered and had to buy blanks so at this time they are being drilled for my patteren and my -12 offset. I cant wait till I finally get them on, plus I have a buyer for my stock ones so everything is fitting into place. I will for sure set up a new post with pics when they come in..Should draw some comments because of the throttles on a blk truck plus federal tires, not to much of that on this forum yet!!!!

#25 ·
Sweet so hope mine can hold it down!!!!And hope it draws some nice comments, I have been waiting on this for a while...

#29 ·
For the rear spacer install I used jack, 2 jack stands and what ever u need to take off the two rear tires and 4 total bolts to lower the rear ax. It took me 40 min. to do the whole job from start to finish!

#31 ·
Yeah danimal its a small easy way to get the truck up a little more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.