DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Lifts before and after

611K views 1K replies 326 participants last post by  crfq68 
#1 ·
Here is my truck before my 6" BDS and bilstein 5100's set at 2.8"

After

See less See more
#720 ·
kcbigbadram - I had a color changing kit on mine first and the colors that stuck out being the brightest were white, red, and green. Red on yours would look pretty slick. I have green of course, but I bought waterproof led strips that were like 16 feet long each. I have 3 of those on the bottom of my truck. They literally run the entire length of it, so that there aren't any spots not illuminated by light under mine. I have a strip completely around the grille shell itself and that looks pretty sweet.

#724 ·
Guys I will get some pics of how they are laid out on the bottom of my truck. I get the light strips off amazon by searching "led strips" I have bought from LED Wholesalers, Hitlights, and Supernight they are where my interior green lights came from. I have bought stuff from Superbrightleds that we use all the time at work. Basically I bought the 16 foot reels of lights, ran them right along the underside of the cab and the bed itself. They have double sided tape on them, but I also used clear silicone to hold them in place. I used the silicone about every 2-3 feet with just a dot of silicone. The back are ran along the trailer hitch. The front are on the bottom of the intercooler on my truck. The bonus is on mine that you absolutely do not see a single light on the truck. Just the glow of the led itself. The truck gets washed all the time and I have no issues with them coming loose at all. The grille shell has them around the entire perimeter of it, right along the outside edge of it. They are hooked up to an auxillary fuse panel that I added underneath the business console in the front of my megacab. I pulled out the tray for the cupholders and all that stuff, mounted the fuse panel on the floor of the truck. Ran power from the battery to it, and split all my lights off from there. I have the leds under the truck running on a circuit, then all my interior lights, and sound system lights on another circuit. I have 1 circuit left. I think that the fuse panel had a 30, 20, and 10amp circuit on them. I have my girls Maxima at work today, so I will try to snap some pictures tomorrow.

#734 ·
Bilstein 5100s, Nitto Terra Grapplers and XD Monsters

Before

After w/ Bilstein 5100s @ 2.8", 295/60r20 Nitto Terra Grapplers and 20x10 XD Monsters -12mm offset

#739 ·
hello, Im new here, and I wanna lift my truck. its a 2013 ram 1500 express, I want the 6" BDS suspension, and my rack is from the center hub to the top of the flair is 22" front and 23" rear, I think I will need the 5 inch rear fox shock, I want to put 37" with 18 " rims. any help would be much really nice.

#740 ·
Is your truck completely stock right now or has it been leveled? 1" of rake isn't much for a stock truck.

I would recommend the 6" BDS kit with the 5" rear coils and the Fox 2.0 shocks. On the front you could either go for the Fox 2.0 coil overs or get a set of Bilsteins and set them at 1.4" to be level. That's typically the setup most guys will run. Contact the guys at Bully's Performance (sales@bullysperformance.com) and let them know that you're a forum member and what you want and they'll get you started and hook you up with the forum discount.

As far as running the 18's and 37's goes that's not an issue. You just need the correct rim size and offset to do it. How much poke do you want on your tires? That will factor in to what size and offset you want to run as well.

#742 ·
The rim offset (or backspacing as you referred to) can be a few different options depending on what you want. The 4 practical options you have are:

18x9 0 offset (5" backspacing)
18x9 -12 offset (4.5" backspacing)
18x10 -12 offset (5" backspacing)
18x10 -24 offset (4.5" backspacing)

Any wider than that and you're going to run into major rubbing problems with 37's. The 18x10 -24 offset would already be pushing it and require some trimming.

The Bilstein front adjustable struts are around $110 a piece I believe and yes Bully's Performance (different than Bully Dog) can get those as well. If you sent Eric an email and tell him I sent you he'll help you out right away and get you pricing on whatever you want.

#745 ·
The 18x9 0 offset will give you the least chance of rubbing so if that's all you're concerned about those are the wheels to go with.

Yes, Bully's Performance can put together a full package for you including the lift, Bilsteins, wheels/tires, and anything else you may need to get the job done.

#748 ·
100% stock the day I brought it home from the dealership

8" BDS long arm lift with Fox 2.0 shocks
Fox 2.0 dual steering stabilizer
37x13.5 Toyo MT's on stock wheels with 2" Motorsport Tech BORA spacers

If you want to see more pictures and read the full write up see posts 557-560 in my build thread linked in my signature.

#750 ·
^^^That is just plain badass.

#755 ·
^^^That is downright sweet.

#757 ·
some nice trucks on here.. never thought of going with fender flares but I like the look!

#758 ·
Don't have a before loaded yet but 14 black express package rc 2wd's are pretty common.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.