DODGE RAM FORUM banner

BDS Lift Setup Thread PICS

127K views 321 replies 81 participants last post by  ALWX65 
#1 ·
There are a few running around and not much info on the Z (Both 1500 and 2500)
Lets consolidate and provide info here for the members :smileup:

Please include:
Year/Model
Lift Size
Bilstein: Yes-Size/No
Body Lift: Yes-Size/No
Tire Size
Wheel Size
Pros/Cons
Any other suspension add-ons

**idea taken from Ram725 with his RCX lift thread**

#194 · (Edited)
Did the install myself. Definitely wasn't an easy task though and I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't a pretty decent mechanic. Welders, cut off wheels, and die grinders were involved.... You can read the full install write up on post 557-559 of my build thread linked in my signature.

Overall I probably had about 20-22 hours into the install. Now a shop should be able to do it quicker than that but I'd guess you're looking at +/- $1400 to get it done depending on what the shop rate is.

#196 ·
Here is mine...

2010 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4
6" BDS w/ 3" PA body lift
37x13.5 Toyo's w/ 22x12 Fuel Mavericks

I purchased Bilstein's but am currently deployed so they will have to wait until I return.

If my info is right, i'll have to take out the 5/8" preload spacer in order to install the Bilstein's, is that correct? Also w/ them installed and the spacer taken out, am I looking at about 1-1.5" of lift? Thanks for the help!

#201 ·
1500 BDS 6" Lift - 37x13.5"

Lifted a couple weeks ago in my buddies garage,

6" kit, steering stabilizer, BDS 5500 shocks
37x13.5" Cooper Discoverers
20" Fuel Hostage Wheels

Will upgrade to Fox shocks rear and Bilsteins probably this spring/summer.

Before, Between, and After:

Attachments

#204 ·
Just got mine back from the Bilstein's being installed. Asked him to install them at 2.1 setting, he did the 2.8 setting. When I asked him at the store why he installed them at 2.8 instead of 2.1 he said, I knew you'd be back in a month or two to raise it anyway so I saved you the hassle. Awesome guys....

6" BDS + 3" PA BL + 5100's @ 2.8
37x13.5x22's Toyo M/T's and Fuel Mavericks
Currently sitting at 49.25" in front and 48.50" in the rear...pretty much how i wanted it. Really wanted to be over 50" but I think it's perfect as is!

Next on the list is to contact RetroShop for some new blacked out headlights w/ HID's. Soon...very soon!

#208 ·
Kuzikan, your truck would look better with some 40's.....just saying. haha. Nice looking truck.

#214 ·
I can't remember if I ever posted in here but I have a 6'' BDS lift with Fox 2.0 rear shocks and Bilstein 5100s up front. The wahoo that installed the lift didn't level the truck like I asked but now that I am looking at replacing the front coil springs, I'll make sure it sits level.

The day I bought it.

The day it went for the lift.

First day lifted. It was raining so I only took one picture.

Fully compressed rear suspension. I put in a patio at my parent's house and had a few thousand pounds of pavers, sand, and gravel in the bed.

Sitting pretty at the horse farm.

#220 ·
Better post mine up!

Year/Model: 2004 ram 2500 crew cab
Lift Size: 6" long arm (rear blocks)
Bilstein: No
Body Lift: No
Tire Size: 35X12.5R18
Wheel Size:
18" KMC XD Hoss 18 offset
Pros/Cons:
Rides Great for such a big truck. Need to work out my transfer case drop bracket still.
Any other suspension add-ons
: Fox 2.0 shocks all around.

#224 ·
BDS Plus

Looking for some feedback... Not new to lifted vehicles, but the ram has some unique obstacles.

Lifting my new (just built Sat/Mon of this week) Eco D. Thinking of 4" BDS with ICON Coilovers/ 1.5" rear springs 1/2" or 3/4" spacer with Icon Shocks depending on rake of delivered truck. From the dollar standpoint this is overkill, but want the absolute best, responsive ride. The ICON rear springs are progressive which should help increase droop/payload when trailering or a load

Don't like the look or the debris that is thrown from having tires outside the wheel wells. Using two sets of stock wheels; Ram Sport Wheels for Summer w/Toyo AT2 295/65-20 and a Ram five spoke painted 20x8 W/BFG KO2 285/65-20

Looking for slightly stuffed look (stock proportions, but bigger "Leveled 2500")... Do you think this will do it?

#225 ·
Hey FastNugly. Called your shop and left messages a couple times with no luck. Can't PM you either because I'm not at 25 posts yet.

Interested in pricing on a lift from you guys.

#228 ·
I had a local guy suggest using Fox shocks instead of Icon and that the Fox shocks are tuned with BDS lift.

Does it matter if a shock is tuned to spring rates....? Does anyone make a 1.5" or 2" rear spring for ram 1500. Looking to be very close to level 1/2 to 3/4" rake at most. I really don't want to go over 4", but also want more travel and load carrying. Trying to get rear lift without using all spacer.

Fast or anyone else have suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.