DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Check Engine Light

906 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RogerRamJet 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I was driving this afternoon and noticed that the "check gauges" light came on. This was followed by everything going dead (except the engine, the AC, the radio, the battery gauge and gas gauge). Speedometer/odometer dropped to zero, oil pressure zero, temp gauge zero). Everything came back on but the check engine light stayed on. I pulled over, checked the oil, battery, all good. Engine light still on. Been on ever since.

I had a three month warranty from the used car dealership and of course, it expired last week. Only 81,000 miles and no problems. Engine sounds/runs fine.

Ideas?

#2 ·
The warranty expired last week... of course it did. Welcome to the Ram ForumZ, Derek. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other member can give you a proper howdoyado.

Take your truck to the local parts store and have them read the code for you. More than likely, the computer burped and didn't know what else to do but shut down. Once it figured there was nothing wrong, it came back up. Hopefully, that's the reason. If that is the case, the light will go off by itself after 5 or 6 cycles (engine starts). If it doesn't then the computer still sees the issue and it will need to be fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.