DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram 2500 Lift/Leveling/Tire Set Up Thread

192K views 237 replies 125 participants last post by  tabber02 
#1 ·
Can we start a new thread showing Ram 2500's leveled or Lifted with Tire sizes. Been looking through this section and almoast every truck is a 1500. I'm sure there are lifted/Leveled 2500's out there lets see em.....

#30 · (Edited)
8" BDS long arm lift with Fox 2.0 shocks
Fox 2.0 dual steering stabilizer
Hell Bent Steel steering box brace
2" Motorsport Tech BORA wheel spacers
37x13.5 Toyo MT's on stock rims

For the full writeup, more information, and more pictures see post 557-560 on my build thread HERE

Also, I just got this thread stickied so it's at the top of the list now. :smileup:

#41 ·
8" BDS long arm lift with Fox 2.0 shocks
Fox 2.0 dual steering stabilizer
Hell Bent Steel steering box brace
2" Motorsport Tech BORA wheel spacers
37x13.5 Toyo MT's on stock rims

For the full writeup, more information, and more pictures see post 557-560 on my build thread HERE

Also, I just got this thread stickied so it's at the top of the list now. :smileup:

Jeez that's one hell of'a truck! Bad Ass

#33 ·
You are a sick man sir. Congrats.

#34 ·
After contemplating what rims I should get I've decided to get rockstars 20x9 -12 offset with 35x12.50 rubber...

The shop I bought them at suggested that I go with bilstein 5100's and a 2 1/2 inch spring... So my question is where do I get those springs from??

#38 ·

2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
Carli Dominator 3.0 3"
Carli Torsion Sway bar (this thing is worth $200!)
Toyo AT 2 Extreme 35x12.50x18
Fuel Hostage 18" Rims

Not as good as Brandon's truck, but I'm hoping it's still not a let down. ;)

I can get more pics if people are interested in anything. I'm having some "serious" issues w/ the truck shaking constantly. I need to pick the brain of you guys, so I'll be posting a question. I think it's an alignment or suspension issue.

#39 ·
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
Carli Dominator 3.0 3"
Carli Torsion Sway bar (this thing is worth $200!)
Toyo AT 2 Extreme 35x12.50x18
Fuel Hostage 18" Rims

Not as good as Brandon's truck, but I'm hoping it's still not a let down. ;)

I can get more pics if people are interested in anything. I'm having some "serious" issues w/ the truck shaking constantly. I need to pick the brain of you guys, so I'll be posting a question. I think it's an alignment or suspension issue.
May not be as big as my truck but the Carli suspension is great! They definitely make top of the line suspension products.

I posted up in your other thread about the shaking issues you're having. Hopefully we can figure out what the problem is.

#40 ·
Guys these are some sic trucks. Can't wait to get started on mine. The aev kit is really nice big tires with minimal lift just seems like the way I want go. I have a 2014 outdoorsman with the 6.4 this truck rides and drives like a dream, but it will get stuck in a mud puddle. If aev don't put this kit on the market soon I am gonna need a winch.

#43 ·
Guys, all sweet trucks! I figured I would bump this thread and let the 2500 guys with the HEMI know that I have been talking to Don Thuren about 3" front 1" rear coils for the our trucks and he should have something for us soon. Everything I can find is for the Cummins and patience is not something i am god at.

#46 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Really informative. Quick ?, Will a 35x12.50x20 (-12 Offset) fit on a leveled 2500 with no rear lift? Not ordering air leveling. I'm not going to be hauling that much. Thanks guys. Love this thread. Wish there could be a whole 2500 section. just trying to figure out a way to get a better set of rims and aggressive tires under it.

#48 ·
Thanks Brandon, That was the last ? I had on it really. I should be all set now. Looking at a 2500 Outdoorsman, just wanted to swap the tires and rims out to make it look like it didn't just roll off the lot even though it will have. Thanks for all the info guys!

#56 ·
Pure badassness.

#58 ·
Now, this is a thread! Since I've found all you HD guys, here comes the question. Stock 2014 Crewcab short bed 2500 4x4 with stock 18x8 wheels. I would like to run a 305/70R18 in Cooper Discoverer st maxx measuring at 35.08x12.50 according to cooper. I've been told by a reputable source, that size would be pushing it. Would 1/4" spacers relieve any rubbing issues or should I just step it down to a 295/70 if so, would I be clear of any rubbing? For the record, I am ok with a little rubbing in either scenario at full lock. I am also not opposed to trimming some of the inner fender. Just want to fit as large a tire as possible without any mods at this time. Thank you in advance for any commentary.

#59 ·
If you're okay with a little rub at full lock and/or a little trimming on the inner fender then go for the 305/70/18's. I'd run them with out the spacer to start and see how it works for you. You'll probably rub more on the radius arm and possibly the sway bar. If you want to reduce that and have the clearance on the inner fender then throw a set of 10mm hubcentric spacers from Motorsport Tech on it.

#60 ·
I'm in love with this thread! I love this forum but it's hard to find anything on our trucks. Really wish we could have a section for 2500/3500 trucks. Getting ready to order a suspension system from Carli soon.

I also heard back from AEV that they are planning on releasing the bumper in February and the flares and suspension later this year.

#64 ·
2500 help!!

Ok, I'm sure all these questions are answered in here somewhere, but I've been reading for days and I'm not getting anywhere.

So here goes
I have a 2011 2500, Laramie crew, hemi, 4x4. I bought the truck new and have enjoyed/worked it for 94,000 miles. I'm a contractor so the truck gets worked, and she's starting to get a little homely looking. I almost pulled the trigger on a new left over 14' cummins, but have decided to wait one more year and give the 11' a little love to bring back her shine.

So along with a little paint work, a new front bumper and a spray in bed liner, I've decided on a bigger tire/wheel combo and slight lift.
I already ordered my tires and wheels
325/65/18 cooper discover AT3 on ultra predator 18x9" wheels with a 14mm offset. This will leave about 2" more time sticking out on each side. And require some lift, and some flares.

I am on a budget and like the pricing on the RC 5" x series lift, but I'm thinking that might be a little too much, I can't really swing a long arm kit, and I'm not sure about control arm angles with the 2-3" leveling kits?
I have looked at every web page/forum/pic I can find and I'm still confused...lol
Recommendations?

Thanks
Andy

#65 ·
Has anyone leveled a 2015 2500 outdoorsman? or anything like it. I hear the stock suspension is an inch taller in the front like the old TRX4. Is there any known vibration issues with levelng the outdoorsman? any ideas what size tires fit on a stock height outdoorsman, i believe they come with 33.5"? (275/70R18)

#67 ·
I see there still isn't a 2500 section.... LOL Oh well, glad I ran across this thread. Most questions have been answered, but I still have a few. Sorry if they've already been addressed here and I missed them.

Whats the biggest can fit on a stock, no leveling kit with 20" rims. My 2014 came stock with Firestone Transforce AT 285/60-20. My old truck that I traded in had Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 305/55 20. They are a little wider and more aggressive so part of my trade agreement was a tire swap. They fit fine good with no rubbing, but when it's time to get new tires I want something bigger that will fill the wheel wells and be a little wider. I plan on getting some pocket style fender flares and if the tires aren't very wide, I think it looks weird because you have a bunch of space. Looks like a dually with only one tire..... LOL
Anyway, what size tire could I fit without any rubbing? I do plan on leveling with Bilstein 5100's eventually so that will give me a few more inches in height up front. I believe the stock rims are 8" wide, they're stock blackout steel wheels (I have the black appearance group)

Seems 35's will fit all around with a leveling kit, but whats the widest without rubbing (once again I have 8" wide steel rims, which I plan ok keeping)

#71 ·
I would think you'd be able to fit 35x1250 on stock height, ive seen it done multiple times, maybe modest rubbing. I know for fact 33s would fit fine.

After reviewing 89 pages I'm still not sure what offset to get on wheels I want to order today.. I have a 2015 Diesel Megacab that I had a 2.5" leveling kit install Looking to purchase 20" Helo HE835's with 35x12.50x20's Grabber at2's.. Any help will be greatly appreciated want to order them ASAP..:)

what width are you going with? 20x9 20x10 or 20x12?

#68 ·
My new/used 2500

I just got this truck a few weeks ago and so far I've discovered there is a two inch lift block in the rear. I haven't checked to see if the front springs have been upgraded. Currently it has Cooper Discoverer ST 285/70-17's. It is currently getting some granite crystal paint and bed liner added to the bottom of the body all around.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Motor vehicle

#69 ·
I'm still not sure what OFFSET to get on wheels I want to order today.. I have a 2015 Diesel Megacab that I had a 2.5" leveling kit install Looking to purchase 20" Helo HE835's with 35x12.50x20's Grabber at2's.. Any help will be greatly appreciated want to order them ASAP..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.