DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Calling any B.C. Boys

659 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rockyram21 
#1 ·
Still debating lifting my 2009. It'll look cool but performance loss and MPG loss I think I can live with but then I thought of something else. I'm wondering if there are any Motor Vehicle Branch laws about lifting vehicles. Years back I had a 1982 Toyota with a 6" lift on 35's and got hassled by the cops. Finally had to take it to a licensed inspection facility. I used NSOR. Don't want have to go thru that again. If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it. Cheers

#2 ·
I had my 1500 lifted with a 6" lift and Bilsteins at 1.4" (so 7.4" of lift) and 35x12.5 Toyo MT's on 20x9 -12 offset wheels. The tires stuck out approximately 2" past the fender on the front (pics linked in my signature below if you want to take a look). I went through a few different DUI checks with it and the cops didn't say anything about it. That being said, it only takes one dink of a cop to send you in to get an inspection.

You won't have any problem with a 6" lift on a Ram. Just make sure your headlights are adjusted properly so you aren't blinding people. It's the tires sticking out that has the potential to give you a problem. The rule of thumb is that if you drop a coin from your fender (or flare) it can't hit the tread of the tire. The side wall is allowed to bulge out slightly, just not the tread. But you could run flares and then be 100% legal. So no matter what you can make it work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.