DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Noobie Tire question

630 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Traker82 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have a few tire questions.
My truck originally came with the stock 20's and the tread was getting low but replacing them with another stock set of tires would cost $1500. I wasn't happy with that so instead I bought 18in Rims (rockstar KD) with general grabbers AT2 275/70/18 to maintain the 33in ride height.
These have been on my car for a year now but I am noticing a little wobble at 65/70mph, the tread in the front wearing a oddly, not typical over inflation or under but the individual tread had some high and low points. I rotated the tires and the wobble seems to have gotten better and the wear is improving since being moved to the rear. I was wondering if this is a common issue with Grabbers or if I should look into my suspension or tire pressure as the culprit. The air pressure rating on these tires say 80 max PSI (I believe) what do you suggest I keep them at. I am asking because I read an article in on thread which suggests that you lower it 10% of the max, but the pressure builds about 5psi after some high way driving.

#2 ·
Find a tire shop that has a Hunter Road Force Balance Machine
if the tires & wheels can balanced, that machine will do the trick, all it needs is a experienced technician to run it

http://www.gsp9700.com/search/findgsp9700.cfm

my dealership could Not balance my tires & wheels
but i think that the shop janitor was running the machine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.