DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Where is coolant temp sensor?

12K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Cecil day 
#1 ·
On a 1991 w250 318 v8 4x4 w/at where is the coolant temp sensor? I have two sensors on the front top of the intake manifold - is it one of them? If not, what are these sensors? Engine runs rich and temp gauge doesn't work.

#2 ·
Since nobody seems to know, I thought I'd post the answer that I finally figured out. The two sensors on the front of the intake manifold are both coolant temp sensors. The passenger side sensor works the gauge and the driver side sensor is for the engine computer.

#3 ·
Thanks for posting.

I don't believe that it was because no one knew but more because of the availability of some members.

I joined this site a few years back and it took some time for members to reply to my first question.

Don't let it be a deterrent, but it's sometimes the luck of the draw, their schedule, etc...

#8 ·
Since I like to complete a post so others can learn from my experience, I installed the temp sensors today - took about 20 minutes. FWIW: The new gauge sensor measured 2.7k ohms cold and the computer sensor meaured 5.6k ohms cold. Hope this may help someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.