DODGE RAM FORUM banner

change a single exit exhaust to a dual

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  shawnu 
#1 ·
i have a 2010 slt regular cab ram.... i would like to installed a dual exhaust catback on it. But Im new to to this, so can somebody tell me what i need to buy and the cheapest way to go about it please? My truck has a single side exit exhaust from factory. what muffler has a deep but not super loud sound? do i have to use two muffler or just one?
Thanks in Advance

#2 ·
A single side exit on a 4th gen Hemi? Hmmm.... Anyway, you can go about it a couple of ways. I have a 14" Magnaflow DI/DO on my truck, where as I deleted the Y pipe so now I have coming out in front of my rear wheels. So, you can delete your Y pipe and do a DI/DO, or keep the Y pipe and do a SI/DO. Type and size of muffler is always a personal preference. Ask around up there in ShockerTown, or do a search here for sound clips and see what you like.

#3 ·
My reg cab SLT also came with the single exit exhaust and finding a cheap pre made dual exit system is not cheap! I ended having a system made for mine. You can us a single muffler with dual exits or run two mufflers. I had them cut the stock exhaust off right after the converters and ran true duals with a pair of Flowmaster 40's, it has a nice sound when it starts up and while accelerating but I can barley hear it while I'm at a steady speed....The tips you choose play a big role in the actual tone you end up with.

#7 ·
Besides costing $600+ most systems made for a Ram are made to exit straight out the rear, if you don't have the cut outs in the rear bumper (I'm sure you don't) you will need to replace the bumper for proper mounting. It cost me $400.00 and I don't have resonators like the stock ones just 4"x12" single wall tips..get the stainless so they don't rust! The pipe on my truck is 2.5", I read a lot of comment wanting bigger pipe but your going to start loosing too much bottom end power if you don't have enough back pressure.....Even with the 2.5" (5" total) I noticed a light loss out of the hole but I noticed a slight increase on the very top end, my truck has plenty on the low end so it doesn't bother me.

#9 ·
I really like the side exit in front of the rear tires!

#11 ·
Im liking that side exit with the rectangle tips!!

The cheapest way would be to find a muffler you like (try youtube).

1. By what you said a magnaflow 18" muffler would be what your looking for, not too lout but a nice deep rumble. Single 3" in and dual 2.5" out is what youll need. ~$100

2 . Find some nice tips(stainless will last much longer) 4x12 would be a good size since you dont have cut outs.~$75-$125

3. take it to a muffler shop and have them make up some pipes and install it. The price varies greatly on where your located, ive seen some crazy numbers on here people paid for a simple muffler swap. A fair price would be in the $150-$200 range

4. Start that thing up and enjoy!!

Reactions: RogerRamJet
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.