DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Have a HEMI and 3.92 GEARS look here please.

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  MoparerNocar 
#1 ·
Hey guys-n- gals, I have mad my mind up. I am going with the quad cab bighorn 2011/10 model(remember my quad or single cab post) Well if you have the hemi and 3.92 gears, what are your average fuel economy numbers, 4x4 and 4x2s are welcome to respond.

Is the acceleration difference between the two enough to forfeit the mpg difference? thanks everyone.:smiley_thumbs_up:

#2 ·
I've got 4x4 and 3.92s in my 2010 Big Horn (RootBeer). In most city driving I got 13.8mpg.

On the hiway my rpms ar 1800 at 65mph on flat level road. On my 09 it was 1500-1600mph under the same conditions. To me the difference in rpm is insignificant but I sure like knowing I have limited slip instead of having to rely on 4x4 all the time to get me going when winter gets here.

#4 ·
actually towing will be very very limited. once in a while i will tow my 3 seater seadoo. I commute 900 hwy miles a month so.... Mostly hwy. will the 3.92 still yield 20mpg plus interstate. keep in mind I will have the diablo tuner on 93 tune, k&n intake and magnaflow muffler. I mean will i loose 3-5 mpg average. Would the acceleration difference bewteen 3.92 and 3.21 be that different?

#6 ·
3.21 to 3.92 would be a pretty good difference. 3.55 to 3.92 would not be. The limited slip of the 3.92s will also help on rainy days.

#11 ·
I'll be posting my hiway mpg on the 14th of Sep because I'm taking a trip.

Reactions: will
#14 ·
i have a budy who got a 2010 2wd hemi qc with 3.55's a couple weeks ago. he had an 05 hemi qc. he said his new truck is a dog with the 3.55's..I'm giving him my old set of 3.92's that he's gona swap in to make up for the lack of performance...he drives this truck for work and says no amount of gas savings is worth the performance hit that the 3.55's takes away..

#16 ·
i ahve quad cab 4x4 i get 17 some times 3.92 gear till i get 4.56

#19 ·
I've got a QC 4x2 w/ the 3.92s. 4 adults and the bed full of luggage (tonneau covered) and I managed high 18s/low 19s on the x-way w/ less than a 1000 miles on the motor. Recent trip to the airport tucked in behind an 18 wheeler (reset once behind him) and I got....get this...32!!

Low 20s is common w/ just me in the truck on the x-way so long as you keep the speed in check. If you want quick, get the 3.92s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.