Votes: 38 69.1%
  • Prestige

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 29.1%

Fender Flares Poll

13K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  mistabones 
#1 · (Edited)
Its my birthday tomorrow and am going to buy my one and only some new clothes. Really torn on what brand to get and what specific set. I know theres a dozen threads but i thought id make a poll on it since i couldnt find one (if i missed it i apologise)
Which do you have? Which do you wish you have? As of now im leaning to
Prestige RX Riveted Fender Flares pocket hole

for price and look. also, ptm daytona orange or keep black? leaning towards black Thanks!

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
I love mine ,,,,Bush

Attachments

#7 ·
Im in the same boat, i have some serious paint chipping and rock gouges from driving gravel roads everyday on my back wheel wells. thought since i am buying flares anyway might as well go for nice looking pocket hole ones and dress it up a bit. there's more brands out there than i thought though, and the prices vary significantly

#12 ·
If possible I'd spend the money and paint 'em, IMO it looks much better. I tried a set of smooth Bushwackers in black on my truck at first and just didn't like the black at all, so I sold 'em and bought a set of pocket flares and had them painted to match. I've gotten far more compliments on the painted ones!

Black:

Painted:

#14 ·
I have the bushwacker pocket style flares and really like them, was unsure when I bought them how they would look but they look freakin sweet!! Plus the colour inst a true matte, the or more of a light semi gloss

#15 ·
Thanks guys.

-Upstater i dont mind the black smooth flares with your wheels you had on!
Assault nice looking truck!

I decided i have my heart set on pocket hole ones, i may order them and put them up against my truck black, and if i dont like the look take them and get them painted orange.

any suggestions on where to buy from for the best buck?

#16 ·
smooth Bushwackers

Bushwackers came with 2 front flare pieces, one for sport bumpers, the other shorter piece is for metal bumper

#17 ·
I installed a set of OEM 3500 Laramie flares on my 1500 sport. Found them used for cheap and had them paint matched. I wasnt a fan of how the 1500 flares terminated on the sport bumper, and I didn't want to run the Bushwacker pocket flares since they would stick out too far for my wheel offset.

#18 ·
I installed a set of OEM 3500 Laramie flares on my 1500 sport. Found them used for cheap and had them paint matched. I wasnt a fan of how the 1500 flares terminated on the sport bumper, and I didn't want to run the Bushwacker pocket flares since they would stick out too far for my wheel offset.
Got a part # for those bad boys?

#23 ·
My paint shop did the actual install for me but I believe that they use the factory holes in the wheel wells, which are identical to the HD trucks.

#26 ·
Need advice: where's a reasonable place to order bushwacker pocket flares, and is there anywhere that will paint them before shipping them? I want to eliminate the step of having to take them somewhere after I get um. -Thanks

#29 ·
I have been on the fence myself trying to decide which direction to go with so many choices.

My truck is bright silver and I found a set of new take off 2500 Laramie flares online so I went for it.
The plus is they are factory painted to match my truck already so all I should need to do is put on some fresh 3m tape.
Thanks everyone for posting pictures.....they always help.
I won't be installing these until spring but I will post some shots at that time.

Here is what I bought.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.