DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Intake, Exhaust, Programmer where to gain HP ?

11K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  06srt10 
#1 ·
Hi,
I´m new here but owning a Ram SRT10 since 2 years.
It´s a 2006 model, bone stock. Regular Cab, 6 speed hurst.
It has about 6700 mls on it now.
I would like to gain some "easy" hp.
I´m running a speed shop in Austria. We do lots of supercharger conversions on Mustangs, Corvettes and everything else that could use one ;)
We always do twin screw style blowers. In most cases Kenne Bell or Magna.
For the SRT I found a nice kit offered by ROE Racing. Looks very good.
But I don´t want to put so much money in the truck at the moment.
And I had very good results with K&N Filter and Diablo programmers on the 2010 and 2011 Ram´s.
I´m authorized dealer at Atech Motorsports. But they only offer a plug in module from JET.
Does this work good?
The SCT programmer with the ROE tune on is very expensive compared to the diablo for the 2010´s.
How much horsepower can be "found" by building a custom exhaust?
I´d like to go with stock manifolds, magnaflow cats and Borla mufflers.
Dual exhaust with side exits in front of the rear wheels.

What´s your oppinion?

See less See more
#4 ·
Long story short check out my mods in my signature, with all the bolt on mods and a professional SCT tune I gained around 70 HP to the wheels. I found the biggest gains in the tune and cutting out the cats. There is big power to be found in these trucks with a paxton,roe or procharger SC. I've seen them all in action and it is impressive. But my choice of power adder would be Striker Heads and Cam. To me it's the safest HP and I have seen a truck just like yours Dyno at 577HP to wheels. I've seen Roe's around 600HP a paxton around 640HP and a procharged truck try to get to 700+HP until his clutch went. That's all the info I have, good luck in yours quest for power and enjoy your 10.

#5 ·
SCT tune or B&G stage2 PCM program, exhaust Ive found on other forums that the 4inch MBRP(if you can fine 1) are supposed to be awesome, sound and performance, BBK or JTSVP TB's, and cat delete. 2 or all 4, you need to turn off the 02's for 4.

#6 ·
I agree with Canviper. 1) Cut CATS 2) SCT Tune 3) Striker Heads 4) Cam. After you do this and still feel you need more horses then go to your SC's or Turbo's. The JET module is fine if you are looking for small improvements, like towing. But if you are wanting HP go with the SCT. Horse Power isn't cheap. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.