DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram SRT-10

10K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  06srt10 
#1 ·
Hello

Does Dodge still produce this truck? If not what was the last year it was?
Thanks for the help

#6 ·
They are a blast to drive....and you can still find them for around 20K with low miles..even stated as the worlds fastest there are many many modded trucks out there faster......must run 91-93 octane and at 9-11 mpg that be just too spendy for most....but the sound of that Viper V-10 is music to the ears especially when outfitted with aftermarket headers and cat back exhaust...there are a few forums dedicated just for the Ram SRT-10s and they are a gold mine of info with very helpful folks..if I can answer any questions you have please feel free to ask....

Attachments

#7 ·
Hey thanks for the info. My dad is going to purchase a truck for my graduation. Took tons of convincing as he wanted me to get a Landrover....GAG! The deal is that it needs to be brand new and not used and 4 wheel drive. I'll be off to college in the fall in Mass and be commuting back to NYC for holidays etc.

#8 ·
Hey thanks for the info. My dad is going to purchase a truck for my graduation. Took tons of convincing as he wanted me to get a Landrover....GAG! The deal is that it needs to be brand new and not used and 4 wheel drive. I'll be off to college in the fall in Mass and be commuting back to NYC for holidays etc.
with the rising price of 93 octane that would be a costly commute when getting 9-10 mpg :wavey:

#21 ·
ya know, i wonder what it would cost to drop in a v-10 in place of a 5.9.. hmmmm.... i'm already gettin crap MPG, dropping it 2-3 points ain't gonna change much.

Its been done..so has dropping one in a regular Ram 1500 but the cost is way more than just buying a SRT-10 and the SRT frame and setup is designed for the Viper engine along with the driveshaft,tranny, etc etc

The Viper truck sites mentioned above are a gold mine of info for those looking into a SRT-10.........

#24 ·
I get what is considered good gas mileage on my 10, I get 11MPG. How much $$ do you have to put into a HEMI to get 510HP? You can buy a 04,05 or 06 10 for less than a new RAM HEMI take the money you saved, put it into the 10 & have 550 or 600+ HP. It's nice to be at a light and the other vehicles wait for you to take off first. I also have a Jeep GC with the HEMI in it, there is a huge difference in the two. The RAM HEMI isn't known as the fastest production truck in the world the Ram SRT-10 is.
Whatever your choice is as long as it's a RAM you will love it. Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.